Reflection library tutorial

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, all i was wondering if anyone can either explain to me what the reflection library is for, i'm a bit confused, or can anyone point me somewhere where i can find some literature about this library, i've seen this library implemented in a few applications and would like to learn how to use it.

Thanks,
Walter

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Reflection library

Thanks margret, unfortunately i don't know how to program in java, so i won't be using this library any time soon.

thanks,
Walter

Upvote 0

AllanD

Licensed User
Longtime User
How to install reflection library

Hello, could you please list the steps required to install the reflection library to the b4a. I see there are 2 files (reflection.xml and reflection.jar) but I just do not know how or where to place them into my b4a app.

Thank you,
Allan

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sure that it is explained in the Beginner's guide: Basic4android (Basic for Android) - Android programming with Gui designer

You should copy both files to the libraries folder (you can set the path under Tools - Configure paths). Go to the Libraries tab in the IDE. Right click on an empty space and press Refresh. You should then check the Reflection library.

Upvote 0

Roger Garstang

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just tossed mine in the Libraries folder where B4A is installed. I think I saw it recommended to use the option for an alternate folder and put them there since the core ones are overwrote during updates if you want to keep using older versions, but I don't worry about it and use the current ones.

Oops...looks like Erel already posted. This forum needs the option to warn if someone posted since you opened the thread. I usually go through and open a new tab for all topics I want to read/reply to and sometimes it takes a while to get to a Tab and it doesn't show new posts or warn of them when you click reply.

Last edited:
Upvote 0