Bug? [related to] Just can't understand why

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
So I read the post from @Cableguy {
just can't understand why...?} and this is a related new question :

Sorry couldn't get the link to that @Cableguy message to work :mad:

On occasion I have added a view with the designer. Then, moved to the code editor and run the program. I have then received a message, indicating where the error is, with ERROR text in the log viewer saying that a variable has Not been initialised. But there it is in the declarations. Adding a code line directly to initialise the variable gets the {circular?} error message that its already been added.

I haven't done this recently so cannot give the error text or some code here at this time.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In my particular case, I came to realise that:
  1. I was not explicitly loading the layout file; I was referencing it from a string array.
  2. The views that were giving me warnings were the only ones I was actually referencing in code or using their events.
So, your case may be something similar, or even just a wrong declaration...
As Klaus noted, without seeing your code, we can only guess.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Without seeing any code what could or should we understand and say?
When ever I recieved a message like this: variable has Not been initialised, there always was an error in my code.
Ja, sorry about that Guys, but, I am on a different machine in a different place right now so access to that detail was unavailable.

I just thought that I had once a few months ago thought to post about the issue and the responses to the quoted post rang a bell that was the best description I could give.

Apologies @klaus for a premature posting, I know that irritates you. I will try to recreate the error when I get back home.....though it might be a while before it happens again.

@Cableguy Ok I will bear that in mind when it does happen again, and of course, make a decent posting here.

Its probably more a question than a BUG as well now that I think of it....