Android Question Remote Database Connector - Application push/poll update.

qle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I have an application that uses the PHP/MySql method of data access for MySql. But find it a bit slow.

Ive been looking at the RDC method descriped here Remote Database Connector - Connect to any remote DB

Please forgive my ignorance. But am i right in thinking that 'all' of the SQL statements/commands are first defined in the server side config.properties

If this is true, then when i make a change to my client side Android application (which i can push or poll as an automatic update) that involves SQL statement/command changes, i would have to update the server side config.properties (that i can not push updates to, yet!)

Best Regards
Lee.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
But am i right in thinking that 'all' of the SQL statements/commands are first defined in the server side config.properties
Yes.

If this is true, then when i make a change to my client side Android application (which i can push or poll as an automatic update) that involves SQL statement/command changes, i would have to update the server side config.properties (that i can not push updates to, yet!)
That is correct. In most cases it is easier to update this file compared to update your app which is running on many devices...

It is also more secured as you have full control on the allowed queries.

Upvote 0

qle

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this is very workable, and interesting approach.
I should be able to write a server side updater. (if i really need to)

Thank you very much for your reply Erel.

Lee.

Upvote 0