iOS Question Remove fast blink at launch

Alejandro Migoya

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @Erel,

When you launch an app, between the launch-image and your first NavControl.ShowPage method, there is a black screen blink...

I think this screen shows your NavControl and navigation-bar for a millisecond before showing your first page and looks like a blank screen blink.

I´d like to remove this blink... My launch image is a just a blue-screen... So maybe if I can change the NavControl body and navigation-bar background colors to that same blue, maybe it won´t be noticed.

I was able to change the navigation bar backgroundcolor, but not the whole body.

How can I do this? Or what can you recomend?

Thanks!

Alex

Alejandro Migoya

Licensed User
Longtime User
The issue is due to a very heavy first page (with many views and images) so it takes a little to load.
I fixed it by adding a very light page as a splash-screen, load everything in the background and then show the heavy-page...

Just in case anyone has the same problem, worked pretty well...

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Alejandro Migoya ,

I reported this aswell but I even see it on my iphone 4s when there is only 1 label. I guess it will get worse when it needs to create a lot of them.

adding a blank default image, as suggested, didn't solve it at my end either.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what is actually the point of these images?

as said before the delay is never there on the stock apps (still didn't try any others tho) so are they using a screenshot as sort of splash screen while the layout is being loaded?

Upvote 0