iOS Question Renew iOS Distribution Cert

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone, I received the following communication from Apple: "Your iOS Distribution Certificate will no longer be valid in 30 days ...."

Since it is the first time that I renew the certificate of an app already published (for a client of mine), please, can you tell me what are the exact steps I should follow to correctly renew the distribution certificate without creating visibility and availability problems of the published app on the app store ?

Thanks in advance.
Luca.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone, I received the following communication from Apple: "Your iOS Distribution Certificate will no longer be valid in 30 days ...."

Since it is the first time that I renew the certificate of an app already published (for a client of mine), please, can you tell me what are the exact steps I should follow to correctly renew the distribution certificate without creating visibility and availability problems of the published app on the app store ?

Thanks in advance.
Luca.
as erel already said you will need to revoke the old cert and create a new but you will also need to create new profile provisions files for your apps otherwise you will not be able to build your app using b4i. so just revoke the cert file, create a new one and go to your profile provision file for your app and click edit -> choose the new Certificate and save. download that file and use it in your app.

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
as erel already said you will need to revoke the old cert and create a new but you will also need to create new profile provisions files for your apps otherwise you will not be able to build your app using b4i. so just revoke the cert file, create a new one and go to your profile provision file for your app and click edit -> choose the new Certificate and save. download that file and use it in your app.

hi ilan and thanks for your explanation. So if I understand correctly, in addition to the certificate I have to revoke and recreate the provisioning profile files too, right? Isn't it enough just to edit the existing provisioning profiles and associate the new certificate?

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Isn't it enough just to edit the existing provisioning profiles and associate the new certificate?

Thats what i wrote:

and go to your profile provision file for your app and click edit -> choose the new Certificate and save. download that file and use it in your app.

Upvote 0