Android Question Replace Views in ContactSearcher with Designer Views

Startup

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to use Erel's ContactSearcher example but replace the views created in code (edit text view and list view) with Designer created views. However, I can't figure out how to connect to and utilize the code in the SearchView module with the Layout created in Designer and loaded in the Main activity. Any suggestions how to do this will be much appreciated!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Startup

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've updated SearchView and it is now implemented as a custom view: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...utocompleteedittext.19379/page-10#post-476498

However you will still need to further modify it if you want to use a CustomListView instead of ListView. CustomListView can be problematic as it is slower than ListView and in this case many views are created with each keystroke.
Sorry Erel, I'm not following you here. I follow the link which takes me to a page which says "new version was uploaded to first post" which I assume means first post in that thread? However I don't see uploaded file there?
Also I want to use your ContactsSearcher example to search for contacts. Are you saying to replace the SearchView module there with a new Custom Search View?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
post in that thread? However I don't see uploaded file there?
There is a small zip attached. As of now i see 3 downloads.... This is the correct lib/example-project using the new CLASS. The Searchview is implemented as customview. See the sample-code

The zip is correct

Upvote 0

Startup

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a small zip attached. As of now i see 3 downloads.... This is the correct lib/example-project using the new CLASS. The Searchview is implemented as customview. See the sample-code

The zip is correct
Ok I see it now. Thanks!

Upvote 0