Replacement for Admob..

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi,

after admob has changed their policy i am looking for a replacement...
who can advice me please for a good ad network (interstitial ads) that supports b4a (b4i)

thanx

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What did they change?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What did they change?

they have change the way they thread interstitial ads, all taps that are performed within the first second wont be count only taps after the first second count...

@ilan12041981 : B4A & B4i have leadbolt libraries, never tried it tho.

i know sorex, i am asking for any experience... what ads are u using in your apps?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you have to be really quick to hit it in the first second I guess?
I guess what he means is that "fortuitous rushed" clicks are not accounted for, and from my experience they account for almost 40% of clicks

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know but still... it takes more than a second to fetch the image so if it is on a game over screen you already saw where to click.

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
You have dishonest and deceitful so-called developers out there to blame for this.

From a users point of view I agree with this change from Google.
There is nothing more annoying than an app that throws full page interstitial ads all over the place.

After every level, menu, at the start of a game, at the end of a game, randomly throughout the game, when the app opens, closes...
I mean it is getting ridiculous out there.
Probably 75% of the apps I have downloaded lately get immediately uninstalled because of this behavior. They simply are not worth my time.

I downloaded that popular game "Don't Tap the White Tile". Thirty seconds. That's how long it lasted on my phone.
After the first ad popped up in the middle of the game and I taped it by mistake...it was bye bye. :mad:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i am a little bit disappointed from the last 2 comments.

admob was created in 2006 and was bought from google in 2009
do you really think that only know they realised that they should not count the the "accidently taps"??

every month i see in my payouts a refund for "Invalid Traffic - AdMob Applications - AdWords Ads" so they did it long time ago (and until now it was allways less then 1$)

dont forget that we sit every night after our daily job and make apps and we dont do it for fun.. (at least i dont)
so if we dont show ads we need to sell our apps and selling an app in google play is almost impossible... (i dont mean 50 copies for 1$) nobody will sit 30-40 hours to earn 50$

i think what they have change today is only one thing, they start swipe all indi developers from the game.. it wont be worth anymore to make apps for free...

my motivation to make more apps is now very low... after 2 years and 100's hours of developing and they cut 70% of my income?? :mad:

if my app produce 70% "accidently taps" why dont they close my account?? i dont belive them...

Last edited:

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry to hear that.

I guess I am coming at this from a different perspective. I have never really made any real money to begin with so I guess I haven't had anything to loose.

I have about 100 apps spread across three Google Play accounts. Most of them are silly insignificant apps that most people would frankly find annoying.
My reviews are usually fairly low. I guess thats why AppBrain has labeled me as a "Spammer". Oh my. ;)

I recognize my limitations. The next Candy Crush or Subway Surfer I will never make. I lack the programming ability or graphical talent.
I do this for fun, personal satisfaction, and something to keep me busy so most of what others think of my apps means very little to me.
Hence my lack of focus on AdMob income.
It doesn't mean I don't put ads in my apps. I may as well. But I don't dwell on it or loose any sleep. The most I've ever made in one month was $94. That pays my cell phone bill I guess.

Again, I mean no disrespect. I am simply in this game for different reasons.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It doesn't mean I don't put ads in my apps. I may as well. But I don't dwell on it or loose any sleep. The most I've ever made in one month was $94. That pays my cell phone bill I guess.

i sleep very well at night, its not like i am focusing only on making money but if there would be no money invold i guess i would not sit at night and develop like i do today...

as you say by yourself you also put ads to your apps so its not only for fun because if it would be your apps would be for free and without any ads..
and belive me when your apps will start making some money you will focus more on how to increase your income from them...

(i made until now ONLY from admob alone about 6000 $ in less then 2 years and now its decreasing)

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i made until now ONLY from admob alone about 6000 $ in less then 2 years

that is a lot, Ilan. Quite impressive, congratz. :)

That's an average of 250/month and that's already a lot of clicks I guess?

What do you get per click? 0.05 or less?

so that 's 5000 clicks (166/day) ?

I wonder how many of them are "clicked on request" because that is still a lot.

And I agree with Waz'. It's quite annoying that they fetch a full screen ad on purpose when the game has started so that the changes on accidental clicks are a lot higher.

But as usual everyone gets treatened bad due to a small percentage of rotten apples that spoil it for everyone.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and not only for few beer's..
well, that depends on how many beers you're accustomed to :)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wouldn't complain if I got that tho. This is all from your games?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wouldn't complain if I got that tho. This is all from your games?

actually 80% are only from 1 app.. (and that app has about 15.500 active users...) i belive if i will have 50.000 active users i can go to pension...

you would complain too if admob will cut your income 70% off...