Request for SetPixel in Form object.

forisco

Licensed User
Agraham, you are a big! You solved me the problem of floodfill!

Thank you and thanks also to Klaus for his engagement!

I can to continue my project and i dedicate to you my work :sign0060:

dennishea

Licensed User
@agraham

I have installed your library and have it working as you intended it to. I have a bitmap that is 500 x 500. I have it set up to scroll. Every time I draw a line or arc or circle I save the coordinates to a table. The question I have is there a way I can store some kind of reference to the table of the fill so that when I redraw the table data I can also redraw the fill after the bitmap has been moved.

:sign0188:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
when I redraw the table data I can also redraw the fill after the bitmap has been moved.
I may not be understanding the problem but if you have the co-ordinates to draw (say) a circle then can't you just pass the centre co-ordinates to the floodfill library?

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello agraham
You find attached the source of my IconEdit program.
The program is still in progress so not all functions are working yet.

The drawing functions are almost OK.
The *.ico save function is not implemented yet.
The color palette is not yet complete.
The load function works, thank's to Erel's code. If you load the B4P.ico file
you will have both icons in the program, the 16*16 and the 32*32 icon. You can work on both in switching from one to the other in clicking in the normal size icon at the left botom of the screen.
There is no help file yet either.

Thank you in advance and Best regards.

Klaus
Switzerland

dennishea

Licensed User
You were right. I made a mistake in my logic. I was changing the values in between the table and floodfill. Sorry for not investagating further.

:signOops:

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Klaus. I can't immediately think of a very fast way of doing what you want but here's a tweak that cuts the 32*32 time down to about 4 seconds (optimised compile) on my device. Basically it skips squares already checked.

BTW I got a format exception when I ran the compiled code on my device - I didn't bother to find out the problem as it ran on fine and the floodfill worked so I don't think it was anything I did.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi agraham
Thank's for the improvement, I tried it on my device the time is now about 6s instead of the 9s before.
I will try another idea, use the quick floodfill routine for the standard sized icon and then read the colors from there for the magnified icon, will see if there is a significant time improvement.
Thank you very much for your help and engagement. It's a pleasure to work on this forum with clever persons like you and some others.

Klaus
Switzerland

forisco

Licensed User
A nice program, Klaus! I hope you finish your work!

agraham :
i don't have the compact framework 2 on my device but, on the microsoft site, i seen that his size is 24MB! It's possible? My device have only 64MB of total internal memory and now there's 6MB of free memory!
I must delete (almost) all my programs?

EDIT : Can i to install the CF2 on my SD card?

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i don't have the compact framework 2 on my device but, on the microsoft site, i seen that his size is 24MB!
You want Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2). It's actually 38.7MB and no, I don't know why it's so big. I think it has a lot of desktop stuff that only gets installed if you have Visual Studio 2005 on your PC. Don't worry, it only takes a couple of MB on the PPC and you can always uninstall it. Before you install just take a look in Remove programs and take a note of any entry that includes "Compact Framework". They are probably CF 1.0. Any that appear after CF2.0 installation will be CF2.0 and you remove them to uninstall. It is probably not wise to put it on a storage card.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2f-07b5-4a8c-8a44-b4e1b196d5c0&displayLang=en