Android Question [RESOLVED] Cannot wirelessly connect bridge to HTC Desire 510

RKM904

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just purchased a new HTC Desire 510, downloaded B4A Bridge V2.12 which installed and appears to be running correctly. Bridge displays MY IP: 999.999.9.999 (appears correct) and shows Status of "Disconnected. Waiting for wireless connections."

When I attempt to connect from B4A I get an error message: "Failed to connect. Make sure the device B4A-Bridge program is running and listening in Wireless mode."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled bridge with no change in behaviour. I am running licensed version 4.00 of B4A

I can connect using Bluetooth, which will not allow me to debug so I would much prefer a wireless connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robert

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The bidge does not have any special needs to work.

What about your Router's setup? Any firewalls or virusscanners preventing a connection? Can your phone access the internet via Wifi?

Try to "ping" your phone (open a command line and type "ping 192.xxx.xxx.xxx" (with the ip address the bridge shows). In the meantime you can test your app by conneting your phone via cable to your pc.

Upvote 0

RKM904

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much for your rapid response. I had recently installed VIPRE Internet Security and based on your response I was able to isolate the problem to be a firewall issue. I created a firewall rule to allow basic4Android access and all is now working fine.

Upvote 0