Android Question [RESOLVED] Orientation mode in emulator not working

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Using the latest version of B4A (10.2) with an emulator created with B4A AVDManager (but also emulators created and run from Android Studio), the app does not change its orientation when you click on the orientation-buttons despite the "SupportedOrientations" attribute is set to "unspecified" in my B4A project. This is a default project (not B4XPages)

It works fine when debugging on a real device.

What gives?
Anyone else experiencing the same?

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Resolved - the problem was simply that the auto-rotate setting in the android emulator settings (accessible pulling down the notification bar) was disabled.
Since when has this been disabled?
My bad :)

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Resolved - the problem was simply that the auto-rotate setting in the android emulator settings (accessible pulling down the notification bar) was disabled.
Since when has this been disabled?
My bad :)
I was going to suggest to you, rotate your computer screen 90 degrees and see what happens 😂 😂 😂

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
For the many of us who have had problems with the emulator function, might this help? I'm looking for the setting where one would enable the auto rotation. When attempting to open the B4A emulator, I get a box showing:
B4A Sdk Manager
Error: org.apache.commons.exec.ExucuteException: The stop timeout of 500 ms was exceeded (Exit value: -559038737)

I'm not trying to reopen the can of worms about the in-house emulator deficiencies; just wishing I could have access to the emulator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0