Other B4A 9.01.2 Installing file to device. Error [Resolved see post 34]

Status
Not open for further replies.

itgirl

Active Member
Licensed User
Have you tried to change the package name (as a test) ?
Yeah Erel i saw your post about the package name and i did change it also i made sure to change the icons too , also i tried with 5 other apps all the same problem
 

itgirl

Active Member
Licensed User
made a new app
tried to compile and send to device
same mistake.
Today I updated B4A from version 9.01 to 9.01.2
if I remember correctly I also updated SDK manager
B4A Version: 9.01.2
Java Version: 8
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Building folders structure. (0.02s)
Compiling code. (0.00s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Organizing libraries. (0.00s)
Generating R file. (0.00s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (0.00s)
Compiling generated Java code. (0.00s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex. (0.36s)
Packaging files. (0.24s)
Copying libraries resources (0.00s)
Signing package file (debug key). (0.72s)
ZipAlign file. (0.05s)
Installing file to device. Error
That's exactly my problem too but i see you are using Java 8 which i was using too I tried to update to Java 11 and nothing changed
 

Jorge M A

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Once i had a similar problem, working with a virtual device, a VM WARE machine and a physical device at the same time and maybe i opened the IDE more than once. for some reason, the IP address was repeated on a machine, and this was saved in the b4xV5.ini file.
I edited it (with the IDE closed), removed the duplicated line "SavedIp(n)=xxx.xxx.x.xx", and it was resolved.
Hopefully it can be of some use.
 

itgirl

Active Member
Licensed User
Once i had a similar problem, working with a virtual device, a VM WARE machine and a physical device at the same time and maybe i opened the IDE more than once. for some reason, the IP address was repeated on a machine, and this was saved in the b4xV5.ini file.
I edited it (with the IDE closed), removed the duplicated line "SavedIp(n)=xxx.xxx.x.xx", and it was resolved.
Hopefully it can be of some use.
Yeah this kind of things may happen when using VM also if you are using B4A-Bridge but since im not using any i don't think this is the problem
 

itgirl

Active Member
Licensed User
Also Erel as i mentioned before when using the [release] the app actually get installed on the device but the IDE shows [Installing file to device. Error] i think this may gives you a hint or something
 

itgirl

Active Member
Licensed User
The installation error comes from ADB tool. Might be a driver issue. I prefer B4A-Bridge over USB debug mode, even when USB debug mode works fine. The File Explorer feature is a nice advantage of B4A-Bridge.
But i never installed any new drivers or anything !! how can i debug this issue and find the cause for it ? can you send me a link to an older version like B4A 9 i will try to install it and try it if it's working ? I really dont prefer using Bridge USB is much faster and i have alot of options that needs USB debugging :/
 

itgirl

Active Member
Licensed User
with B4A Bridge it works
USB and emulator Genymotion does not work today
I think the cause is an update done with SDK Manager
I dont think it's an SDK manager update thing because i didn't update my SDK from 1 month and the issue occurred after the issue i updated my SDK and the issue remained
 

Dey

Active Member
Licensed User
But i never installed any new drivers or anything !! how can i debug this issue and find the cause for it ? can you send me a link to an older version like B4A 9 i will try to install it and try it if it's working ? I really dont prefer using Bridge USB is much faster and i have alot of options that needs USB debugging :/
uninstalled V 9.01.02
installed V 9.01
the problem remains...
 

Dey

Active Member
Licensed User
I'm able to reproduce it. It is related to an update to the build tools.
The latest version of adb.exe returns wrong error codes.

I'm able to get it working by copying adb.exe from <sdk>\platform-tools.backup to <sdk>\platform-tools.
Thanks Erel
now works
 

itgirl

Active Member
Licensed User
I'm able to reproduce it. It is related to an update to the build tools.
The latest version of adb.exe returns wrong error codes.

I'm able to get it working by copying adb.exe from <sdk>\platform-tools.backup to <sdk>\platform-tools.
Amazing Erel HUUUUUUGE thanks all working now ,,,, ;)Erel;) always to the rescue :)
 

itgirl

Active Member
Licensed User
The next version of B4A will include a workaround for this version of ADB. Hopefully Google will fix it soon.
Yeah it's funny how our beloved B4A can't have bugs but the bugs comes from Google lol , anyways i changed the title in order to help any other who are facing this issue to resolve it faster. again thanks Erel
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top