iOS Question ResponseError: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made., status code: 0

German Buchmuller

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I wanted to upload an App to Apple AppStore. They rejected it as they said they could not connect to the server. I had excluded my domain since I did not have an SSL certificate.
But since they could not connect to my server, I believe it is because apps using ATS excluded domains are not possible to upload to AppStore.
So i went and changed my webhost. Now I am using Hostinger, which includes a free SSL certificate. Now my webpage is secure. However, when I delete my domain from the ATS excluded domains, I cannot connect to my server through the app. In the logs, it says: ResponseError: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made., status code: 0
What else am I missing? Thanks

German Buchmuller

Licensed User
Longtime User
It should still be possible to upload apps with ATS disable, though the best solution is to switch to TLS.

Can you post your server url?
Great. Anyways, I added an SSL certificate to my domain, and hosted my server in Amazon Web Services with a Windows Server Machine, and I finally could make my app work without excluding my domain. I re-uploaded my app to iTunes Connect, and now I am waiting for verification again. Hope they dont reject it.
By accessing: https://server.rellum.com.ar:455/test you should see the server running page. If you`ve got spare time, please let me know if it is working right. It is working great for me, but last time when I had a non-secure domain based app uploaded to iTunes connect, it also worked great for me but apparently not for Apple testers.
Thank you very much.

Upvote 0