B4A Library RSSwipeAndDismiss - Swipe away any view

Discussion in 'Additional libraries, classes and official updates' started by XverhelstX, Aug 4, 2014.

1. XverhelstX

XverhelstX Well-Known Member Licensed User

RSSwipeAndDismiss
    Screenshot_2014-08-04-20-29-04.png

RSSwipeAndDismiss shows how to make ListView or other views support the swipe-to-dismiss Android UI pattern.

In the attachments you can find a sample and the library files.
    Credits: roman nurik - https://github.com/romannurik/Android-SwipeToDismiss/blob/master/LICENSE

Special thanks to NJDude for writing a sample and thedesolatesoul for testing

In the post below, you can find a better sample project by NJDude (uploading soon)

Kind regards,
    Tomas

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  2. NJDude

NJDude Expert Licensed User

I'll upload an improved sample later, the one posted above is a "preview" ;)

luke2012 and thedesolatesoul like this.
  3. NJDude

NJDude Expert Licensed User

The attached sample project is a "Shopping List app" which uses the SwipeToDismiss library.

You can swipe to dismiss the items using the ListView or the picture, it just shows the basics

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    thedesolatesoul and luke2012 like this.
  4. Periklis Koutsogiannis

Periklis Koutsogiannis Active Member Licensed User

Perfect!

luke2012 and NJDude like this.
  5. bluedude

bluedude Well-Known Member Licensed User

The screenshot shows a close button but the sample does not contain that. Also not seeing the better sample project attachment.

6. XverhelstX

XverhelstX Well-Known Member Licensed User

7. luke2012

luke2012 Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi @NJDude.
    This sample colud be customized to work with the "clsCheckList" class?

nadhiras likes this.
  8. PHB2

PHB2 Member Licensed User

I appreciate this is an old thread, but I have a relevant question.

Can this library be modified so it doesn't make the swiped panel transparent as it is being swiped?

9. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

The Author is no longer active, the source is not public available. I guess the answer is no.

10. Jeffrey Cameron

Jeffrey Cameron Active Member Licensed User

I needed something similar for a project a while back, so I created a user control that functions similar to what you are requesting. It's all B4A, no special libraries required other than @Informatix's GestureDetector library.

It's a Listview variation and you can swipe left/right or click on the entries and has a ton of properties you can set on the items (some user specs are pretty needy o_O ) It does do the transparent thing on a swipe but you should be able to comment-out that bit of code without much trouble.

I've attached a test project that you can modify to suit your needs and compile to a library for ease of use.

Enjoy! :)

Attached Files:

PHB2 likes this.
  11. PHB2

PHB2 Member Licensed User

Thanks very much Jeffrey - much appreciated for you taking the time out to reply :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice