Android Question RTSP client stream for ip camera

yhyamak

Hello:
I search in the forum for library to view ip camera using rtsp protocol but without luck ,
so i search for library for androidSDK studio and found many of them like this :

So i have 2 questions :
1- Are there way to view ip camera using rtsp protocol in b4a?
2- How to warp or convert or use libraries that using in android studio to be used in b4a as external library " like library i mentioned before"

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will be releasing a wrapper of the mentioned project as soon as I find some free time. It was finished quite some time ago and tested by some fellow B4X users.
Currently, it supports only RTMP but it could probably be easily extended to cover RTSP as well.

Upvote 0

yhyamak

I will be releasing a wrapper of the mentioned project as soon as I find some free time. It was finished quite some time ago and tested by some fellow B4X users.
Currently, it supports only RTMP but it could probably be easily extended to cover RTSP as well.
ttanks for your reply.
I hope you to publish it asap because i need it and many other users need it.

thanks for your time.

Upvote 0

yhyamak

Are there new news for this project?

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Contact me in PM and I can let you test it. There are still some things I wanted to implement but it is fully working (other users are already using it).

Upvote 0

yhyamak

Private message
Conversation

Thanks for your fast respone ,
how i can send you PM? is it by email?
i didnt see any option like that in your profile panel,
anyway I follow you .
if you can tell me how i can reach you i ll be grateful to you.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

yhyamak

Sorry For Late,
i didnt find " Start Conversation " option :(:(

profile.png

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very strange.
I have the option enabled that members can start a conversation with me and thus you should see a button "Start a conversation". Maybe there is a flaw in the forum software?

I could contact you, sure, but the problem is that I have many messages and there is no search functionality built into conversations and therefore I prefer that I receive the first contact/conversation since I can more easily see (and in future find) conversations.

Maybe Erel can help to fix this?

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think Member cannot start a conversation, only Licensed Users can.
OK, I see. You're probably right.
However, these days with B4J and even B4A free, does it make sense to have this distinction?

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is a prevention against SPAM i guess. Or illegal offers and such.
Could be - but then again, it is a bit against the opening up of the B4X platform with B4A being free but still having limitations within the forum for new users. So I guess, if a "member" wants to send me a message, he must have been a licensed user in the past or have bought B4i.
To me, it doesn't really make sense.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Could be - but then again, it is a bit against the opening up of the B4X platform with B4A being free but still having limitations within the forum for new users. So I guess, if a "member" wants to send me a message, he must have been a licensed user in the past or have bought B4i.
You can start the conversation yourself.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can start the conversation yourself.
Of course, I know that but that is not a solution as I already wrote.
Well, I won't discuss it further. Important thing is that you know it is a problem...

Upvote 0