running in background

tvrman

Licensed User
Hi,

Is it possible to run an application in the background at all time?.

For example to create a program switcher, or to make some fast
key's for startup some applications.

I want to create a tool which is running all the time, when i select
for example ctrl+L it will start Listpro.
I have an Ameo device with keyboard, it should be startup faster
some applications which i daily use, like the explorer , email , listpro e.t.
The build in task switcher is poor and you need press serveral key's before
you get what you want.

cheers

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

In v4 we couldn't do it, any program would be terminated if by the end of App_star sub there was no form showed...Since it is not explicit that in v5 we do can, one must assume we still can't....I'm too looking foward for the ability to run in background possibility

JJM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

If you use Formlib.dll, you have a possiblity to put you program in background:

FormLib.New1("Form1")
FormLib.MinimizeBox=true

and you click on th cross at the right hand side top of the screen the program go in background.

Bye

JJ M

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice Tip, thanks JJM, That what I was looking for...a splash screen and then go background...

tvrman

Licensed User
Hello,

If you use Formlib.dll, you have a possiblity to put you program in background:

FormLib.New1("Form1")
FormLib.MinimizeBox=true

and you click on th cross at the right hand side top of the screen the program go in background.

Bye

JJ M

Yes, thanks :sign0188:

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear All,

Isn't the problem not whether the program runs in the background but whether you can intercept all input ? :confused: I usually have several programs running in the background but don't allow them to intercept e.g. the keystrokes.

You might acheive this if the program always runs in the foreground but with the form minimised, i.e. every time you change program you need to make sure that your keystrokes "pass through" the basic4ppc program and send it to the active window.

just my 2 eurocents

Björn

JJM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Conf,

Sometimes effectively the command doesn't work because it must be the last one in the Sub App_Start

Sub App_Sart
Formlib.New1("Form1")
FormLib.TextAlignment("Label22",FormLib.alCenter)
Hardware.New1
reader.New1
con.New1
cmd.New1("",con.Value)
con.Open("Data Source = " & AppPath & "\" & NomFCharg)
Form1.Show
FormLib.MinimizeBox=true
end sub

and like that it's ok for my device

Bye
JJ M

Rioven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I can't run my application on backgroud or minimized state unlike other installed applications.

I've tried to use minimize from formlib.dll and it shows '-' button that works fine on desktop but not on my O2 WM6 device. The 'smart minimize' button seems behaves differently. The 'OK' button just flashes then the 'X' overrides the display, not sure whether the 'X' is still the 'smart minimize' button or belongs to my application's form, because when it tapped, my B4PPC applications closes.

Any solutions?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you have any "appClose" software installed in your ppc?
In WM6 I think this is OS standart.....This would cause the app to terminate instead of minimize..

Rioven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi cableguy,
thanks.
I have the HTC software installed and it is integrated on 'TODAYs' form only. With this, you can only close manually those running applications on background. O2 provided this software for free. My problem at the moment is...ALL softwares installed when the X pressed it will just minimized except my B4PPC program which terminates when X is pressed.:sign0085:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you tryed the on_close sub?

I don't remember exctly, but I believe it fires when the user tryies to end(close) the app...

Then you can cancel the close procedure and minimize the form...I think...

Rioven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I've found out that without TEXT (for title bar) assigned on the Main Form, the OS can't invoke smart minimize button features:confused:
Now it works!...:)
Thank you!