Running other apps

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by Ianmac, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Ianmac

Ianmac Member Licensed User

Hi.
    I have written an app which, like topsy, just grew and is now around 1000 lines of code.
    I now want to expand this further, but rather than deal with an exponentially increasing number of if - then, case or other option statements, it strikes me it would be easier to copy the original app and adapt it for each of the various cases that I want it to tackle and have a single front end app which, on clicking a button would open the appropriate app to do that single task and on closing that app it would start the front end again.
    Is there a specific piece of coding to do this or am I now entering the realms of .dll's ?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  2. Rioven

Rioven Active Member Licensed User

Hi Ianmac,
    I have similar project as yours, it became huge file and takes time to open. Since other application modules need not to open everytime by the user, I have broke it up to several apps. I use 'shell' to open them in background. Some of my apps still takes time to open. It will be faster once Basic4ppc version 6 is released.

See this thread for reference...
    http://www.basic4ppc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=855

We could ask other members what other method could be done.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  3. Ianmac

Ianmac Member Licensed User

Many thanks for the reply, Shell was exactly what was required. I had looked through all the options I could think of from other programming languages but missed that one, all I have to do now is duplicate and amend the original.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice