iOS Question Safe Area and white bar on bottom of screen on iPhone 12 Pro

elpic76

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I'm facing visualization problems of my app on newest iPhones probably due to an incorrect handling of the safe area.

First of all the app is the same and it is translated in different languages in particular: Italian (first image) and Deutsch (second and third image).

The first image is a screenshot from an iPhone 6S Plus and all the graphical elements are shown and this is the correct visualization.

Ok.jpg

The second image is a screenshot from an iPhone 12 Pro

Cut1.jpg

In pg_resize I'm using the following instruction
pnlRoot.SetLayoutAnimated(0, 1, 0, 0, Width, Height - r.Bottom - r.Top)

The third image is a screenshot from an iPhone Pro

Cut2.jpg

In pg_resize I'm using the following instruction:
pnlRoot.SetLayoutAnimated(0, 1, r.Left, r.Top, Width - r.Right - r.Left, Height - r.Bottom - r.Top)

The same wrong appearance is shown also on iPhone 11.

I need to block the displaying of the white bar on the center of the screen in the bottom part because it overlaps and hides the graphical elements of the app.

Do you know how to elimate or not allow the comparison of the white bar?

Best Regards.
Mosè

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I need to block the displaying of the white bar on the center of the screen in the bottom part because it overlaps and hides the graphical elements of the app.
You cant. Nobody can do this, it's from the os.
That's why it's called Safe Area, because nothing should be placed there for the user to interact with or read information.

Upvote 0

elpic76

Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand so I have to decrease the height of my app and I tried with the instruction:

pnlRoot.SetLayoutAnimated(0, 1, 0, 0, Width, Height - r.Bottom - r.Top)

but the result isn't good.
Now I don't know how to solve this issue.
Best regards
Mosè

Upvote 0

elpic76

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Alexander,
thank you for the suggestion.
Today I haven't the iPhone 11 with me but as soon as I'll test your solution I'll let you know the outcome.
Best Regards
Mosè

Upvote 0