Android Question Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 does not allow to intstall app via bridge

prokli

Licensed User
Longtime User
I run B4A Bridge V2.60 on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. As soon I start compilation and transferring my app via B4A bridge to this device I get this error:
"failed while parsing package"
Installing any application has been allowed by setting the corresponding switch on this device
Appreciate any help!

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are trying to install a package name (app) with a version LOWER then a version of a package name already on the device, you can get this error.

What is the package name of the app you are trying to install? And is there another app on the device (like another B4A demo app) that has that same package name?

(To find package name: "Tools", then "Build Configuration" from the IDE)

Upvote 0

joshep

I'm facing this same problem since I bought it. I'm looking for a solution. I searched for this solution on Facebook also. Every time when I'm trying to install any App an error appears. Is this software problem or not? Don't know how to solve this problem. Please help me to figure out the solution.

Upvote 0

prokli

Licensed User
Longtime User
I could solve my problem: inside the manifest I found that min-version was set to a "wrong" value: uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="23".
Changing it to "uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="14" solved my problem. Samsung Galaxy Note Pro uses a quite old Android (5.1) and I guess that this was the reason.

Upvote 0