Android Question samsung .....

afields

Licensed User
Hello to all.i'm thinking to buy a samsung s2 with 3 Gb and 32 Gb internal memory. earlier i had bought a samsung t800 ( those that had a 10,5" screen) with android 6.01, however i had not be able to ativate the sd card to be also as memory. when i run the b4a program it was going to the sd card but only a little piece was in the sd card. the remainder was in it's internal memory (which had 16 gb).
so does anybody know if it's possible to work also with the sd card memory with s2? or it will be always just a data storage?
thanks to all

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Definitely Speak Samsung Tab S2.

With Android 6 you can insert an SD memory and recognize it as an integral part of the internal memory. When you format, you can select how to use it.

Andoird 4.4 did not allow access to data, except for preinstalled apps by the manufacturer and that have root permissions.
From Android 5+ you can use SD as external memory if you enable the folder to be accessible. From the Android 6+ app instead of allowing each App to access SD memory.

I did not quite understand how you want to access SD memory, so I can not tell you how to answer your question. In any case, you can only have SD access with only version 4.2 or lower.

P.S. After having a Samsun Tab2 and a Tab3, I preferred to buy Huawei Mediapad M3. I think it's more powerful and a good screen (359 ppi density). Some prefer AMOLED for very saturated colors, but has a less defined screen than the previous version (only 264 ppi density)

Upvote 0

afields

Licensed User
thank you Star-Dust. now i have that tablet. and i have maked that test:
trying to create a sqlite database in the sd card via b4a program.
what i've got is an error saying that there's no permission to create the database in that directory.
so:android 7 and a sd card with 64 Gb, tablet rooted
however if i use sqlitemaneger, for exemple i can see a database that's already in the sd card but to do that i must make a path diferent for normal ( if i can say).
path normal: /storage/7840-FD23/bases/pupils.sqlite ( does not work);
path: /mnt/rw_devices/7840-FD23/bases/pupils.sqlite -> that work!
so.. as you see i would like to have my database in the sd card (which i have with android 4.4 ) but not with samsung tab s2.
Thanks again Star!!!!

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can intercept the error when denied access to the SD.
In the code case you can request permission from the user to grant and permit.

If I'm not mistaken, Erel posted a way to get the permission of the user.

If I find the method between my notes I will be happy to share it. Or if someone remembers the post more quickly you might notice it

Upvote 0