Android Question Savedstate compilation error

Ilya G.

Licensed User
Longtime User
After installing B4A on new notebook I have this error when try to compile my old project (targetSdkVersion="29") :confused:

B4X:
B4A Version: 10.50
Parsing code.    (0.21s)
    Java Version: 11
Building folders structure.    (0.02s)
Compiling code.    (0.21s)

ObfuscatorMap.txt file created in Objects folder.
Compiling layouts code.    (0.01s)
Organizing libraries.    (0.00s)
    (AndroidX SDK)
Generating R file.    Error
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\savedstate\savedstate\1.1.0\unpacked-savedstate-1.1.0\res\values\values.xml:3: error: Found tag id where item is expected
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\lifecycle\lifecycle-viewmodel\2.3.0\unpacked-lifecycle-viewmodel-2.3.0\res\values\values.xml:3: error: Found tag id where item is expected
d:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\lifecycle\lifecycle-runtime\2.3.0\unpacked-lifecycle-runtime-2.3.0\res\values\values.xml:3: error: Found tag id where item is expected

2021-02-11_103603.png

2021-02-11_103708.png

Ilya G.

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don’t want to redo a large application, I just need to make small changes. Moreover, on my home computer (sdk 28) everything works fine, but copying the \ platforms \ android-28 folder to this computer did not help. The library versions are the same because i sync them with my home computer, all libraries have been jetized for a long time

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I started getting this this morning after installing the recommended SDK updates and then checking the missing androidx annotations (I believe that was what I checked). I'm going to do a system restore on just my Android SDK folder.

Upvote 0

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've had a couple of issues too since this morning when I installed recommended SDK updates. I just downloaded an app here and replicated the error. When I copied and pasted the code & manifest into a fresh application the problem went away.

Upvote 0

delgadol

I unchecked the design support, change all code to a b4xu, but i update , crash compile again.

Attachments

• error_b4x_kernel.png
    error_b4x_kernel.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 148
  • error_b4x_kernel2.png
    error_b4x_kernel2.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0

delgadol

I try to find the origin, and check a run simple app compact activity and jump the error. if i have a large app baseb on appcompact with toolbar, search on tollbar, how i can to chance it ?

Upvote 0

Victorh2877

Licensed User
I unchecked the design support, change all code to a b4xu, but i update , crash compile again.
I solved by doing a rollback of those libraries.

I replaced the version number 1.1.0 with 1.0.0 (with the previous one) and now I can compile without errors.
The setting of the version number must be done for all the libraries in error.

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0

GeoT

Licensed User
Hello.
How have you done to replace that tool to its previous version?
In the meantime...

Regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GeoT

Licensed User
Solved by returning to version 1.0.0 of Androidx - Savedstate of the extras folder, deleting the folder of the Android Sdk modified by Android Studio and filling it again with the content of Android SDK Command line tools and the content of the Required Resources (resources_9_20 ). In the extras folder of resources_9_20 is the good version.

And in tools - B4A Sdk Manager, I have not yet reinstalled all the recommended items. I suppose it will also have something to do with it to work for me.

Regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0