Android Question Saving output to SQL Lite table

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm now able to download or stream with httputils2 and read csv files or stream xml through the xml parser but what is the fastest and most efficient way of reading 1000's of records with 30 or 40 fields from a csv file or the xml parser into a SQL Lite table. The Sql Lite table will have the exact same structure as the downloaded csv file or streamed xml. I will need to do this on many different tables. Is it better to receive the info as a .csv file and read and parse the file, delimited stream or xml stream and parse with the parser. Thanks.

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, I'll work with that. Is the fastest way to create the csv file on the server and download it to the device and read it from the file or to read it as a string directly to the table or some other way. I can receive the input either way but have only figured out the former to read from a file. Any ideas on that? Is it also possible to create the SQL Lite table on the server and replace it on the device? Do you have an example of a single transaction created from a csv file or inputstream that would insert all the records en masse?

Upvote 0