.sbp file association in the Device

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

After a few attemps i managed to associate the b4ppc generated files (.sbp) to its original creator (b4ppc) and respective icon...

Using a regestry editor (or even the regestry library if anyone is willing to create an aplet to do this), Like PHM Regedit, go to the following Key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

add Key:

.sbp (including the dot)

Inside the .sbp ad the values:

Name - value
Content Type - basic4ppc
Default - sbpfile

Go back one level and add the Key:

sbpfile

Inside this key create two more:

DefaultIcon
Shell

Inside DefaultIcon add the value

Default - \Program Files\Basic4ppc\Basic4ppc.exe,0 (this is the path were b4ppc is installed and may difer from yours...the last zero is needed to indicate the icon)
Go back to the shell key and add insid it the folllowing keys:

Open\Command

Inside command add the value:

Default - "\Program Files\Basic4ppc\Basic4ppc.exe" "%1" ( dont forget the commas, and again this is the b4ppc install path)
EDIT: though this is true, its doesn't seem to work with B4ppc files, it just launches the B4ppc editor in a blank project upon tapping a sbp file
ALthoug I'm not sure if its necessary, I did a soft-reset after the regestry alteration....

As Usual, messing with the regestry is something to do with extra care, any "bad" key can transform your device in a brick untill hard-reset...

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I used PHM, all values are REG_SZ wich are Dword or String, and are also the default type...

bdiscount

Licensed User
sbp associate

I can double click on a sbp file in file explorer or resco explorer and it brings up basic4ppc. wihout going thru the registry as you say.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I'm using WM6, and it always reported me,that no program was associated with the filetype.
That's what brought me Here....
What SO are you using?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok,
So I downgraded to WM5 and installed RescoExplorer....And can't get it to load on tap...B4ppcStarts always an empty project...Maybe in V5 this will be adressed...