Scaled Maps

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
First suggestion, download the B4PPC reference book.
Be shure you have ALL additional libraries, the latest versions, in the Libaries folder of B4PPC. You find the library list here.
According to your images, the missing libraries are ImageLibExDevice and ImageLibExDesktop.

Best regards.

mjcoon

Licensed User
... All of the required libraries appear to be there, but still the error messages. ... , but I still cannot compile this program to see how it works. I kind of like doing that before I get into the code. Just a personal thing.

Agreed it is best to run in initial state before trying modifications!

Try going to the Components screen and removing one or several libraries and then including them again. This will verify whether they are really present in the folder in which the IDE is searching for them. That is crucial...

Mike.

penserv

Licensed User
Well, I'm not sure why, but with removing all of the libraries and re-installing them, I was able to get the program to compile without errors. Now every time I try to run it, I get Object Errors, references not set, etc, but I can see how it should work. It's a neat program. Thanks for your help, Klaus and mjcoon.

mjcoon

Licensed User
I just thought I might have another go at ScaledMaps and bring together what I had already done on GPS/map linking, drawing tiled maps etc...

Tried to show TIF and PNG files with ScaledMaps (virtually unmodified) and got the attached failure. Can a graphics expert explain what it means, please, and if there is a work-around?

(Background: UK mapping agency Ordnance Survey makes raster maps available in TIF format so it would be good to display that. I didn't think there would be a problem...)

Mike.

Attachments

• indexed-pixel format.PNG
    indexed-pixel format.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 247