Android Question screenshot from background gps service not work

juan manuel luzuriaga

Licensed User
Hi to all, I take a protect were the request it is to make an app to install outside playstore to be used in 4 phone in a company. The app need to read gps location and after some event that could be, be around the location to reach or a sequence pulse of a button. Start to send an alarm to a particular phone, and to take screenshot of the actual app, take a picture of front and back camera, the ID of cellphone and send all to a server. This is more less the project. I am trying to test if it could be done with B4A.

I use the Background location tracking works well, and I add the code of screenshot with JavaObject from here. But i got problem when run method "getwindow" said it is unknown method.
And after some research I found a comment from Erel that it is not possible to take a screenshot of other app.

So I would like to know if it is possible to take a screenshot from background to the actual app showing up. I was thinking to recording the screen, some seconds too.
but well, if someone could give me some advice about this.

thank in advance

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and to take screenshot of the actual app
You only can do a screenshot from your own app. You may not be able to create a screenshot from another app than yours.
Only the active activity is able to record the screen. Even the camera can only be used in an activity. You are not able to take a picture with the camera with a service.
Means; must be your app which is running in front.

Upvote 0

juan manuel luzuriaga

Licensed User
Thanks DonManfred, for your answer. I see the problem. So if i could let my app stay in front all the time maybe i could take the picture and screenshot and send the alert. Like many app do, could be possible to do with B4A?
Thanks

Upvote 0