Search within thread

ddk1

Licensed User
The search function is great but sometimes I want to look for text within the thread I am reading. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this. Can we get it?
eg. I'm reading a thread with 50 pages. Currently I must search for the text I want plus something specific about that thread, but I still get hundreds of results that aren't relevant.
Thanks

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

ddk1

Licensed User
Er, have we got crossed wires?
I'm just trying to read a thread in the forum using my browser, and searching for text in that thread.

ddk1

Licensed User
Seriously though, I didn't create the 50 page threads, I'm just trying to find some relevant text in there without having to read all 50 pages.
Would really help to have a 'search within thread' ability.

Lahksman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would really help to have a 'search within thread' ability.
That's what @Erel is explaining.

If you go to google and use as search string the string that is given in the example
Google will point you to the correct page in the thread.
1621946230419.png

ddk1

Licensed User
Ahh, thanks Lahksman, the penny finally drops. Sorry Erel, I see now your link was just an example of a search url.
That does indeed work to a point. Its weak link is that it can only find entries that have been indexed by google, which may have been weeks ago. Whereas a built-in 'search in thread' ability of the forum would find everything including posts only minutes old.
Also I see I need to click the 'repeat the search with the omitted results included' at the bottom of the search results to get all the results