Search within thread

ddk1

Licensed User
The search function is great but sometimes I want to look for text within the thread I am reading. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this. Can we get it?
eg. I'm reading a thread with 50 pages. Currently I must search for the text I want plus something specific about that thread, but I still get hundreds of results that aren't relevant.
Thanks

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User

ddk1

Licensed User
Er, have we got crossed wires?
I'm just trying to read a thread in the forum using my browser, and searching for text in that thread.

ddk1

Licensed User
Seriously though, I didn't create the 50 page threads, I'm just trying to find some relevant text in there without having to read all 50 pages.
Would really help to have a 'search within thread' ability.

Lahksman

Licensed User

ddk1

Licensed User
Ahh, thanks Lahksman, the penny finally drops. Sorry Erel, I see now your link was just an example of a search url.
That does indeed work to a point. Its weak link is that it can only find entries that have been indexed by google, which may have been weeks ago. Whereas a built-in 'search in thread' ability of the forum would find everything including posts only minutes old.
Also I see I need to click the 'repeat the search with the omitted results included' at the bottom of the search results to get all the results