Other Searching for Betatester for a LDAP Client and maybe LDAP Server component

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Searching for Betatester for a LDAP Client and maybe LDAP Server component which are based on UNBOUNDID Github Project.

Foreground:
At work we do use a TelephoneServer (Auerswald Commander 6000). On each Clientmachine there is running a Phone-Client from which we can initiate a Call, see incoming calls.
The Clientsoftware is able to use any additional LDAP Server to search for Entries when a new Call is Ringing. The Clientsoftware requests the LDAP and shows the CustomerName, Adress, CustomerNo and so on in a Popupwindow.

There is a thirdparty Software available which is compatible for our Auerswald Commander but it is expensive and has additionally annulary costs.

I now tend to setup my own LDAP Server on our Servermachine. Each Client has access to him.

If i now create a b4j searver app (containing the LDAP-Server) then i would be able to adapt it for our needs.

For now i have a small wrap which connects to a LDAP in our Company (running a Trial). The wrap do connect to our ldap and do a simple request to find a specific record and to fetch some data from the result. The wrap is in a very very early stage...

I would like to find someone who want test this library and is able to answer some questions or give advices because you know how LDAP is working, you have your own LDAP Server.

My knowledge about LDAP is rarely limited!

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi DonManfred:

I haven't knoledge about LDAP server, but I have a small LDAP server in my synology NAS... so if I can make some test for you... here I am¡¡

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can see here if the setup is rigth for your purposes
Sidenote: You are german? I see a german UI in the Screenshot :)

I´m sure it is setup correctly. Problem is to setup the scheme for your own Server.

As written we are using a LDAP-Server which we do not configure. But i need to build something similar to make the LDAP Compatible with our PhoneClients on the ClientPCs.

With my wrapper i am able to connect to a LDAP, get the Scheme and even Export the Scheme (unfortunately it is a binary file).
I can configure my LDAP-Server to use a Scheme-File (again, it is a binaryy format). This kind of works. When i try to add a simple new Entry i get exceptions that some fields are missing and so on... Guess the scheme is active but i don´t know the exact details.

Error??: LDAPException(resultCode=65 (object class violation), diagnosticMessage='Unable to add entry 'ou=LDAP BeKa,dc=fbdn' because it violates the provided schema: The entry does not have any object classes. The entry contains attribute customerid which is not allowed by its object classes and/or DIT content rule. The entry contains attribute cn which is not allowed by its object classes and/or DIT content rule. The entry contains value 'Ssykor, Manfred' for attribute cn which violates the constraints of the associated attribute syntax: LDAPException(resultCode=21 (invalid attribute syntax), errorMessage='Unable to parse string 'Ssykor, Manfred' as a DN because it contains an unexpected comma or semicolon at position 6.', ldapSDKVersion=4.0.11, revision=34e39aab27ea4fb92659a6888933db08099c7e41) The entry contains attribute ou which is not allowed by its object classes and/or DIT content rule. The entry's RDN contains attribute ou which is not allowed to be included in the entr...

I was hoping to get some more infos on how to setup a new Scheme but this is hard due to my missing knowledge about LDAP Servers and their configuration.

Is there something in the UI of your NAS to Export the LDAP-Configuration? Export Scheme, Export LDIF File, Export any other (not binary) format?

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not german, but I've changed the languaje UI because maybe some spanish words don't match the exact translation about LDAP, and you can't use Google Translator on a .jpg :)

I've sent the backup of my LDAP that synology generate.

Upvote 0