Android Question SearchView's drop down list not visble/hidden

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am sure that its something wrong with the way I am doing:mad:.

I have a Searchview and just below the SearchView, I have few other views for eg a button spread across the width of the activity.

The problem is that the when I type in the SearchView, the SerchView's ListView (ie the dropdown list) is hidden behind the button ie the drop down list is not shown. If I remove all the views below the SearchView then the drop down list shown.

I am sure that those who use many views that are stacked below the SearchView would have faced this issue.

What should I do to show the SearchView's ListView/drop down list above the other views that are placed just below the SearchView ?. I expected that by default the drop down list would be shown on the top of other controls on the layout/screen, this is the default behavior of Combobox's, Spinner's etc in Windows or any other OS

Regards

Anser

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK got the answer from the below given post.

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-behind-another-searchview.53560/#post-364758

The list view is transparent now, assigned a color for the ListView label and that resolved the transparency issue.

Now the only issue is that the separator lines on the ListView is transparent. May be assigning a different color to the separator line would solve that too. :)

Regards
Anser

Last edited:
Upvote 0