B4J Question Secure sockets with client certificates?

bdrunrev

Hi I'm new to B4X, but spent yesterday reading docs, watching videos, searching the forum. B4X was recommended by a user of another programming language when I ran into a wall with a programming language I've been using for 20 years.

Whilst my question applies to B4X in general rather than just B4J, I thought I'd ask in this forum as B4J is probably the entry I will take if I start to develop with B4X.

My question relates to secure sockets with client certificates. Very few programmers seem to care about this aspect of secure sockets. I'm sure B4X can allow a secure socket based on a server providing a certificate, but it is the presence of client certificates that I am concerned about.

Can B4X instantiate secure sockets based on client certificates provided to an app?

bdrunrev

Thanks. I was thinking this would be the case (insofar as I understand it B4X relies on underlying libraries supplied by Java, ObjC, etc.)

If you're right and this works, then I'm going to be very impressed by what you've done (the programming language that's let me down is implemented and supported by a company with a dozen staff).

Upvote 0