Share My Creation SecurityManager

[GAME] SecurityManager

\/\/ SecurityManager \/\/​

Description from Android Market:

Run your own Security Company, make decisions, get involved in shootouts!
SecurityManager is about running your own, unique company in top-down 2d view! It is a funny manager/action game, where you have to think, make decisions about contracts and emergencies. Train your employees, gain achievments, buy new weapons, it's just a few of SecurityManager's functions! It is everything you need to fill boring minutes or lessons at school with fun!

Additional:

I've been developing it quite long (as for me), and it's out! That's probably the first game in my life, which i've finished. I'm pretty proud of that fact. And, it's a game. There's not lots of games made in B4A, maybe because it's harder to develop them, but as much people do - i am making games mostly for myself. I'm making games that i want, and i will play. I've been planning that Manager by one year. I was waiting for the right tool :cool:. But since it is there, i will just make a little few fixes and start working on another game.

So, i hope you guys will check that out, and possibly drop me some rate at market ;).

I am thinking should i host a site, or would it be useless...

So, here's the link!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.security.manager&feature=search_result

Attachments

• office.jpg
    office.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 11,653
Last edited:

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Kamac,

Congrats on releasing this! Looks like you have put in quite a lot into it.

I'm a little lost playing it though... keeps saying emergency, but i cant make it there or something.. hehehe... probably i need to try it more...

Good luck with the market!

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought you were working on a football manager.
Just tried it out on my GalaxyS. Scales well, the buttons on the bottom are a bit small.

The main reason I tried this, was to see how your sprites look from above.
Initially I thought the were dancing! just kidding....they were clearly fighting (but to me they looked like CS sprites changing guns, only they didnt have guns!)
your other graphics work is really good too...maybe i will hire you to do my graphics too

I think users will need a guide on how to play this.

And btw...there are no ads? Even though the 'help us' screen says so.

Kamac

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought you were working on a football manager.
Just tried it out on my GalaxyS. Scales well, the buttons on the bottom are a bit small.

Isn't Security Manager more original :icon_clap:?

They're 1.5 bigger than on smaller screens, they're the biggest they can be.

your other graphics work is really good too...maybe i will hire you to do my graphics too

Actually, i did the drawings of training and a lil' tiles, and the rest is made by 'my art worker', my brother :cool:.

I think users will need a guide on how to play this.

Hmm, I guess i'll add some tutorial in the main menu then :signOops:

And btw...there are no ads? Even though the 'help us' screen says so.

Sure there are. Press on Info or any other menu like Contracts, and they'll display at the bottom of screen, or under the green arrow ;) (You need to wait a little bit)

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Isn't Security Manager more original :icon_clap:?
Sure is :)

Actually, i did the drawings of training and a lil' tiles, and the rest is made by 'my art worker', my brother :cool:.
Okay, so you're fired. Your brother will be hired :)

Some more feedback. I updated, it showed the tutorial but some of the text at the end was cut off from:
"unable to protect yourself and will have to...").
As I was scrolling up and down on the tutorial trying to find the text I get this error:
main_timeupdate_Tick (java line 3979)
java.lang.Runtimeexception: Object should first be initialised (Label)

When I click on train 'Driving' the msgbox tried to confirm if I want to train 'covering'? Maybe the views are overlapping.

I dont get any ads in info. Instead an Emergency arises and I have to go to old Kiosk instead! Why are emergencies coming when I am already in other menus? Is that intended?

I'll keep testing it for now.

magarcan

Licensed User
Longtime User
...There's not lots of games made in B4A, maybe because it's harder to develop them, but as much people do - i am making games mostly for myself. I'm making games that i want...
I think the main reason is that there aren't any engine enough good for games. I've seen some attempts like ABPhysicsEngineTest, but a harder work is needed to be done, and there is nobody making this.

Of course, people do this things free, so we shouldn't demand anything.

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In my opinion developing games is much easier because it is easier to write generic code from scratch.
I was thinking about porting a 2D library like libgdx or Andengine, but they are not 100% perfect and they have known issues here and there.
I would be willing to contribute to a 2D library (no 3D experience) if the community were to start one.
The hard part for me in games is the graphics :( (which makes games a 2 man job for me)

Kamac

Licensed User
Longtime User
Pooh. I have to answer on much :eek:

Okay, so you're fired. Your brother will be hired

Actually, i can do better than him, he just draw these using CS2d sprites. (And he needed my tour to do it, since he's not too familiar with GIMP :BangHead:... So i teach him.)

"unable to protect yourself and will have to...").

The enemies had guns and you had fists/nightstick.

As I was scrolling up and down on the tutorial trying to find the text I get this error:
main_timeupdate_Tick (java line 3979)
java.lang.Runtimeexception: Object should first be initialised (Label)

+1. Thanks for reporting. I think i've fixed it now. (Uploading)

I dont get any ads in info. Instead an Emergency arises and I have to go to old Kiosk instead! Why are emergencies coming when I am already in other menus? Is that intended?

Yes, it was intended... but just now i realised your idea is way better :BangHead:... And i can't fix it now. I will just rise the emergency timer delay.

I dont get any ads in info.

Do you have wireless on :eek:?

I'll keep testing it for now.

And now, next:

In my opinion developing games is much easier because it is easier to write generic code from scratch.
I was thinking about porting a 2D library like libgdx or Andengine, but they are not 100% perfect and they have known issues here and there.
I would be willing to contribute to a 2D library (no 3D experience) if the community were to start one.
The hard part for me in games is the graphics (which makes games a 2 man job for me)

For now i think i will start writing a 2d engine or a 3d game. We'll see what can i get as a proposal from my brother (and myself) :signOops:.

@EDIT.

Anybody knows why android market's dev console shows me these stats?:

Installations all the time: 0
Active installations: 66 (0%)

And on Security Manager's page on android market it shows less than 50 downloads :( What's going on?

Last edited:

magarcan

Licensed User
Longtime User
@EDIT.

Anybody knows why android market's dev console shows me these stats?:

Installations all the time: 0
Active installations: 66 (0%)

And on Security Manager's page on android market it shows less than 50 downloads :( What's going on?
Yo have to wait at least two days in order to see real statistics.

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually, i can do better than him, he just draw these using CS2d sprites. (And he needed my tour to do it, since he's not too familiar with GIMP :BangHead:... So i teach him.)
Stop confusing me!

Yes, it was intended... but just now i realised your idea is way better :BangHead:... And i can't fix it now. I will just rise the emergency timer delay.
I thought the timer delay was reasonable. It was a fast paced game.

Do you have wireless on :eek:?
No. But I had 3G on. Does it not download ads without WiFi?

I have tried again. But no ads. I cant even see the ad container?