Android Question Selling apps and updates to sold apps?

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looking ahead as I plan on selling my app for a small price, I have a few questions. I know there is a $25 fee to sell apps on Google Play or Google App store, but is that a one time charge or yearly? Is it common practice to pay the fee to get in the system while developing your app or do you have to have the app ready to sell when you sign up? I am mainly curious and need to know a few related things like how do you allow a customer of your app to update the app without buying it again? Does Google's interface or store take care of most of the work and you receive a check every month? Should I join now to see what is there as long as I plan on a released app in the future?
Thanks,
schemer

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The $25 is a one time fee. Once you have created your account Google will deposit your earnings to the account you specified on your profile at the end of each billing cycle.

Updates are free regardless of the type of app (free or paid).

Upvote 0

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
The $25 is a one time fee. Once you have created your account Google will deposit your earnings to the account you specified on your profile at the end of each billing cycle.

Updates are free regardless of the type of app (free or paid).

Thanks NJ Dude. So when there is an update to my app I just send it (the updated version) to Google and the users re-download and install it? Simple. Works for me.
schemer

Upvote 0