Selling items from apps...

ChrShe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all!

I'd like to give my app users the ability to purchase items that my organization sells, as well as make donations to my organization, from within my app.

I've done a little digging but am not quite sure where to start.

Would this functionality be something that I would tie in with InAppBilling? Or is there another/better option for this.

Thank you, in advance, for your input!!!

Chris

vb1992

Licensed User
Longtime User
In-App Billing Availability and Policies - Google Play for Developers Help

In-app billing may only be applied to digital goods sold inside applications distributed through Google Play.

The standard 30% transaction fee applies to in-app transactions on Google Play.

You can use in-app billing to sell only digital content. You cannot use in-app billing to sell physical goods, personal services, or anything that requires physical delivery.

. Developers offering additional content, goods, or services for an application downloaded from Android Market must offer an authorized Payment Processor as the payment option.

The following are exceptions for the two requirements above:

Where payment is primarily for a physical good or service (e.g. buying movie tickets; e.g. buying a newspaper app where the price also includes a hard copy subscription)

Where payment is for digital content or goods that may be consumed outside of the application itself (e.g. buying songs that can be played on other music players)

Upvote 0

ChrShe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, okay...now I'm confused.

The first line says that In-app billing can be applied ONLY to digital goods. But, the first exception negates that.

So, can I use In-app billing to sell items from my organizations retail store, or not?

Upvote 0

ChrShe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well...physical items probably will be shipped.

Donations...hhhmmm...I suppose the person making the donation would be purchasing a receipt that would be sent. LOL

Thanks for the link. I will definitely do some studying.

:)

Upvote 0

vb1992

Licensed User
Longtime User
In-app Billing Requirements and Limitations

Before you get started with in-app billing, be sure to review the following requirements and limitations.

In-app billing can be implemented only in applications that you publish through Google Play.

You must have a Google Wallet Merchant account to use Google Play In-app Billing.

In-app billing requires version 2.3.4 (or higher) of the Android Market application. To support subscriptions, version 3.5 or higher of the Google Play app is required. On devices running Android 3.0, version 5.0.12 (or higher) of the MyApps application is required.

An application can use in-app billing only if the device is running Android 1.6 (API level 4) or higher.

You can use in-app billing to sell only digital content. You cannot use in-app billing to sell physical goods, personal services, or anything that requires physical delivery.

Google Play does not provide any form of content delivery. You are responsible for delivering the digital content that you sell in your applications.
You cannot implement in-app billing on a device that never connects to the network. To complete in-app purchase requests, a device must be able to access the Google Play server over the network.

Upvote 0

vb1992

Licensed User
Longtime User
So inapp billing is really good with b4a because the user
doesn't need to type billing info again, so it's a quick purchase
of digital goods inside of the app.

and finally there is a pay pal library from Tomas
which seems really good too that could take donations

The zooz support team is on this forum and says it works fine.

So there is multiple options that works with b4a

Upvote 0

ChrShe

Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw that...
I'll look in to those.

Thanks so much for all the info!!!

~Chris
Sent from my MOTO DROID RAZR using Tapatalk.

Upvote 0

Penko

Licensed User
Longtime User
and finally there is a pay pal library from Tomas
which seems really good too that could take donations

The zooz support team is on this forum and says it works fine.

So there is multiple options that works with b4a

Lets just not forget third party solutions abuse the Google policy. Paypal and ZooZ are both such and it is your own choice whether to take the risk or not.

I really made a few bucks from ZooZ but today i moved to Google play PRO application because ZooZ wants me to make 70 usd before i have access to my money and Google Play is more legal.

Sent from my Next7P12 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

vb1992

Licensed User
Longtime User
Lets just not forget third party solutions abuse the Google policy.

Not true,

It all depends on what you are accepting the payment for.....

Sure if you use Zooz or Paypal for unlocking app features, or selling digital items in a game, yes, that's not smart

but, If you are a post card printing company, selling 500 postcards for $20, you are not going to give away 30% to google for that order.
It's bad enough you have to give away 3.5% to 4.5% of that order with paypal.....

for the $20 order the break down would be something like this:

.70cents + .30cent fee = $1.00 to paypal
vs.
$6 to google

they know that is not fair, and this is where they allow you to use other merchant processing in the app (physical goods or services)

===
Paid and Free Applications

In-app purchases: Developers offering additional content,
services or functionality within an application downloaded
from Google Play must use Google Play's payment system
as the method of payment, except:

where payment is primarily for physical goods or services
(e.g. buying movie tickets; e.g. buying a publication where the price also includes a hard copy subscription); or

except:

where payment is for digital content or goods that may be consumed outside of the application itself (e.g. buying songs that can be played on other music players)

Developers must not mislead users about the applications they are selling nor about any in-app services, goods, content or functionality they are selling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vb1992

Licensed User
Longtime User
chart.jpg

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In App Billing | Blog | Jesse Chen

he is taking donations via inapp billing

I have used this to donate to Tomas - Donate tag line. A little confusing, donate in Belgim or CDN dollars, but it worked. He responed with many, many thanks - I thank you.

Note:

Donation was more than a B4A enterprise upgrade! Both best bucks I gladly spent in a long time.

Just one question: What happens to B4A "IF" Erel steps in front of the perverbial bus? Escrow - successor? Just wondering, no worries...

Long Live B4A

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just one question: What happens to B4A "IF" Erel steps in front of the perverbial bus? Escrow - successor? Just wondering, no worries...

Long Live B4A

I've often wondered the same thing. Though I suppose B4A is far enough along to provide me with what I need to continue making apps if its development were to stop...

Upvote 0