Selling my Apps to niche markets

Gmation

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey guys,

Once I get rolling, I would like to create an App for a niche market and sell the App to companies in that market where they can give the App away to their customers.

All I envision doing is having a basic app that will be slightly modified with the logo and maybe other minor changes to make the app unique to the client.

My question (as this will be virgin territory) is how should I have the client give the app away? Should I just upload it to my account and have the client direct them to the name or should I just give them the APK and have them create their own Android account to upload it.

With that being said: is there a way to push an email or text message (NOT ADS) to the app so that the client can send a periodic notice to the app users whether it is a new office hours change to VIP offers or anything else?

I think this would be an area worth exploring since it may be difficult for a lot of us to come up with new or innovative apps.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey guys,

Once I get rolling, I would like to create an App for a niche market and sell the App to companies in that market where they can give the App away to their customers.

All I envision doing is having a basic app that will be slightly modified with the logo and maybe other minor changes to make the app unique to the client.

My question (as this will be virgin territory) is how should I have the client give the app away? Should I just upload it to my account and have the client direct them to the name or should I just give them the APK and have them create their own Android account to upload it.

With that being said: is there a way to push an email or text message (NOT ADS) to the app so that the client can send a periodic notice to the app users whether it is a new office hours change to VIP offers or anything else?

I think this would be an area worth exploring since it may be difficult for a lot of us to come up with new or innovative apps.

I see what you are getting at, and from my point of view, publishing to the market would be a BIG NO-NO!..
The best way is, if your client has a website with restricted access area, usually dedicated to their clients, then that's the place to the Download link to be...
The apk can be at a WebServer of some kind, even one set-up by you...

About the "pushing" an sms or similar to the app, I would suggest implementing a way for the app to search for a file with especific name or part of it (i.e. "News 11/11/11"), wich would indicate a new text created in November 11th, 2011, download that file and present it to the client...
Being a niche app, I supose that web-access is implied, so having the cost of sending or receiving an sms, on either side, is something to avoid...

Hope you succeed in your intends.

Upvote 0

Gmation

Licensed User
Longtime User
YOU ROCK CABLEGUY!!!

I LOVE the web-server idea as I have the perfect site for that.

The App won't need Internet access to function, but I will give great thought to allowing the App to send out the text messages as I also think this will be the great draw for winning the account(s) as the client will need a way to reach the customers from time to time.

Perhaps, I will have the client ensure the customer is aware of the periodic messages as the trade off for the FREE App.

I DO LOVE the file extract idea as that will allow the client control and I can simply create a button that say "Notice", "Alert" or something which will display what they submit (limit characters of course).

At the same time I am still leaning toward allowing the text message for "Right Now!" situations. Nonetheless, you have given me some stuff to ponder over.

I am so hyped to get started, I almost attempted the App via A.I. but I will wait until I am up to speed with B4A. I think I can complete the first app within three months conservatively and I think it will be much less (I certainly hope so.)

Thanks again,

GMation

Upvote 0