Android Question Sending 100 sms, only 8 or 10 are recived by destination

Sergio GermánRassino

Licensed User
Hello. I've been working on an app to send sms to student's parents. Everything seems to be all right when sending 3, 5 or 7 sms. But when trying to send larger amount of sms, the application seems to send all of them, but only the first 8 (sometimes 12) arrive to destination. The other ones, never arrived.

I first thougt that it was a telephone company problem, I tried with three of them, and had the same problem. I'm thinking that the problem is mine.

I'm new in B4a, so I would need somebody to be so kind to take a look to my app, and tell me if I have something wrong. I'll be very happy to recive suggestions.

My app does the following work: It recives by mail the phone number on the subject, and the body message in the email's body. Then, it sends the sms with that information.

Thank you for now.

Prof. Sergio Rassino

(I hope the zip I uploaded is enaugh to replicate the app in your desktop. Compressing the hole directory makes a too big file to be uploaded)

Attachments

• PlataformaSQL.zip
    27.6 KB · Views: 187

Sergio GermánRassino

Licensed User
Thanks Erel for your reply. I already tried sending one sms per minute with the same result.
When your say that the OS limits sending rate, your say OS of the phone I'm using to run muy app? I can try with an other phone.
The alternative of clickatel is for paying and this is for little schools that can't pay.
Any other idea about how to have success with this ?

Upvote 0

Sergio GermánRassino

Licensed User
Because I send 100 sms to my own phone, and only 8 or 10 arrives. The strange thing is that if I go to the phone company web page (that where you can see your account and your service usage), I can see those 100 sms as sent. I talked with them, but got no answer. They say that if a single sms can reach destination, they do not give support for apps. And I tried with other 2 telepone companys more, and got the same issue.
And they are right, because after I send 100 sms to my own phone, got only 8 or 10 in my phone, and then, I send a single sms with the normal sms utility (from the phone) , and the sms is recived perfect.
It is very strange, and I can´t find out the reason of the issue.

Of course I tried with Send and Send2. But no change. That's why you can see many commented lines, there

Upvote 0

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried moving the subs for sending sms to the service module instead of your main activity?

Upvote 0