Wish Sending data to the remote compiler. Error - B4i

developer_123

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is happening to me frequently that when compiling in B4i especially at night the remote server does not connect. I have to wait 2 or 3 hours for it to connect and to test my code. It is very frustrating because sometimes I am late from work and not being able to compile takes a long time. It is not my internet connection, because this happens to me immediately, I test my internet by entering a video or a page to do a search. I am not modifying the user ID, since in one day I can compile normally and from one moment to another the connection with the remote compiler drops, and so on 3 or 4 times a week. I appreciate you can correct this situation since some of us only have a few hours a day to carry out our projects. Thank you!

developer_123

Licensed User
Longtime User
I forgot to add, that this happens more frequently when I compile RELEASE. It also happens when I compile DEBUG, but it is more frequent when I use the RELEASE option.
For me it is much more important to compile RELEASE since my application is based on X2 for GAME, therefore DEBUG does not show me a fluid behavior, in fact I almost never use this option since it is not fluid at all.

Ertan

Licensed User
I am also concerned about this. The application is compiling too late in Relase mode. But in debug mode I get fast and precise results.
I solved this problem by setting the Timeout time to 500 seconds, but I wait 3-4 minutes while changing a code. This is a waste of time.
I don't know what caused the problem. That's why I can't find a solution.

Ertan

Licensed User
So, it sounds like @developer_123 and @Ertan probably have some large files in their projects? And if they (temporarily) delete/change them, they would get faster compile times for release mode?
Project File All Size ; 25 MB
"Files" Folder Size ; 8MB

Some images are 512x512 due to their quality. What image size do you recommend? What are your dimensions?

That might be the problem.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That might be the problem
Perhaps, I can't really tell. But I am gearing up to making a big rewrite of my app in the near future so I'm really interested in hearing what happens if you try to slim that down. Perhaps duplicate the complete project folder and then resize all pics to 1x1 pixel and see what happens? Just as a test, I mean.

Ertan

Licensed User
Perhaps, I can't really tell. But I am gearing up to making a big rewrite of my app in the near future so I'm really interested in hearing what happens if you try to slim that down. Perhaps duplicate the complete project folder and then resize all pics to 1x1 pixel and see what happens? Just as a test, I mean.
I will test this and respond to the topic again. Thank you Sandman.

developer_123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good day. I have not had access to the compilation for 15 hours! It urges me. It is not my internet connection, since I have connected to 3 different networks to rule out problems with my connection. I have broadband internet of 50 MB / s.

I understand that the RELEASE compilation time is slower because the application passes completely to the device, but at this moment I already realize that something additional is happening.

I have not modified absolutely anything. Last night I was compiling normally around 8pm, and from one moment to the next the connection to the compilation server was lost and it has not returned yet. Could it be that my user identification has been modified? Erel, Could you please confirm if my user ID has any problems? I tried selecting the secondary server but it did not improve.

developer_123

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe that it is a network issue on the clients side. The servers bandwidth is very fast. Uploading a 25MB file can take time. On my internet connection it will take several minutes.

Consider switching to a local builder.
In fact this was my initial idea, and I created a couple of threads since when trying to connect my MAC as a server to my Windows I had a couple of problems, but Erel advised me to use the remote server.

Ertan

Licensed User
B4X:
B4i Version: 6.80
Parsing code.    (0.35s)
Building folders structure.    (0.57s)
Compiling code.    (1.88s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.47s)
Building Xcode project    (5.47s)
Sending data to remote compiler.    (92.38s)
    Application compiled with non-store provision profile.
Completed successfully.
Make sure that B4i-Bridge is started (192.168.1.37).
Manually launch the app after installation.

Project File All Size ; 25 MB
"Files" Folder Size ; 8MB

"Sending data to remote compiler. (92.38s)"

B4X:
B4i Version: 6.80
Parsing code.    (0.05s)
Building folders structure.    (0.08s)
Compiling code.    (0.23s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.11s)
Building Xcode project    (0.94s)
Sending data to remote compiler.    (29.59s)
    Application compiled with non-store provision profile.
You can download the ipa file with Tools - Build Server - Download Last Build.

Completed successfully.

Project File All Size ; 7.04 MB
"Files" Folder Size ; 645 KB

"Sending data to remote compiler. (29.59s)"

My Internet Speed Test;

Screenshot_12.png

This is a fact. The larger the application file size, the more time it takes. (Relase Mod)

developer_123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Release builds are much larger than debug builds as they include all the asset files.
The builders are online and working. Most compilations take less than 30 seconds on the builder itself.

You can try to switch between the two builders. They are located in different places.
By trial and error, I tried deleting several image files, the heaviest of my application, and I left it very light, and it allowed me to compile. Therefore, in addition to eventually dropping the connection to the server, it is clear that b4i does not allow applications of more than a couple of tens of megabytes. Why? In B4A I have not yet had a problem with the same application (I am programming it cross-platform for b4i, b4a and b4j). So I have to take the time to reduce all the files in size, but eventually it is very possible that I will reach the point where even with light files, I will exceed the few tens of megabytes of my application. What can be done to correct this? What is the maximum size of the application that b4i allows? What should be done to work with applications that exceed this limit?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a limit of 50mb in the hosted builders
Is that limit applied to the project files in the state they are uploaded? Or does some part of the compilation process "unpack" some files? Like re-saving compressed png files as uncompressed bmp (silly example, I know), thus perhaps inflating the project to cross the limit?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Interesting, so a project can be well under 50mb when we send it to the remote compiler, and then it inflates as part of the process. I imagine the compilation is then stopped if it's over 50mb; does the compiler return a visible message to the client or does it quitly stop?

Perhaps this could be the reason why some people say they wait for hours and nothing happens - because the compiler simply stopped processing the project without saying anything?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Interesting, so a project can be well under 50mb when we send it to the remote compiler, and then it inflates as part of the process. I imagine the compilation is then stopped if it's over 50mb; does the compiler return a visible message to the client or does it quitly stop?
The compiler doesn't inflate the project. Large project sizes are always related to large images, videos and other asset files.

The remote builder will return an error.