Android Question Sending Firebase V1 notification via PHP (CURL)

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Check @FrostCodes Update

or his github

Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be nice if you can explain what part is difficult so I can try to simplify it even if you don't need it.
I am an App developer but not a web developer, I make do with simple php code :)
I don't want to learn how to install, configure and operate composer (I have looked at this in the past) at my age, I just want a simple php example that I can tweak to my requirements that I can attach to my existing code and FTP onto my server.
I simply send firebase messages to my B4A and B4i apps to display messages and trigger options within the apps.
Nothing else, simple stuff, the previous example code was straightforward and easy to implement :)

Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
1704556720717.png

Your feedback is appreciated, but I believe there might be a misunderstanding in the README file. I explicitly mentioned that B4X developers prefer to avoid tools like Composer. This is why I've included everything necessary to run the code locally in the provided zip file. I would edit the README and write this.

I understand that the previous code was more straightforward. However, the new structure is not a result of my example but rather a consequence of Google's own changes. Unfortunately, Google has introduced unnecessary complexity into their processes.

While I agree that the code could potentially be simplified, you still need to deal with the JWT implementation and other components. Therefore, the structure might end up being similar to my example. I'll make an effort to explore whether I can create a simpler version without involving anything related to Composer.

Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
View attachment 149367

Your feedback is appreciated, but I believe there might be a misunderstanding in the README file. I explicitly mentioned that B4X developers prefer to avoid tools like Composer. This is why I've included everything necessary to run the code locally in the provided zip file. I would edit the README and write this.

I understand that the previous code was more straightforward. However, the new structure is not a result of my example but rather a consequence of Google's own changes. Unfortunately, Google has introduced unnecessary complexity into their processes.

While I agree that the code could potentially be simplified, you still need to deal with the JWT implementation and other components. Therefore, the structure might end up being similar to my example. I'll make an effort to explore whether I can create a simpler version without involving anything related to Composer.
Thank you, make sense now :)

What can I trim from this now if not using composer ?

What is the vendor folder for, can that be removed ?

Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
Unfortunately, you need the vendor folder as it contains the libraries the code needs.
The vendor folder is where all downloaded libraries from Composer are stored
so you don't need to install Composer at all to use.

I spent all night trying to make a simpler version but so far I haven't been able to as most PHP libraries require Composer.
Maybe you can try @mcqueccu suggestion if my sample is too complex.

Upvote 0