Android Question Sending SMS with no Reply @ receiver

JhoeyBoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good day

Can anybody knows or have an idea on how to send messages that the recipient or receiver cannot reply your sms message, like the picture attached..

Thanks,

Joey

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-31-16-39-03-1.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-31-16-39-03-1.png
    66 KB · Views: 198

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use a service like Twilio.com to send an SMS message directly from your app, and then configure your Twilio number to ignore any replies.

Upvote 0

JhoeyBoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sending message to a receiver, after reading it, they can reply, how to disable the reply, it can be read only mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-31-18-04-35.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-31-18-04-35.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 0

JhoeyBoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sending message to a receiver, after reading it, they can reply, how to disable the reply, it can be read only mode.

You can use a service like Twilio.com to send an SMS message directly from your app, and then configure your Twilio number to ignore any replies.

Is there a function inside the b4a that will embed the code for that, so that the receiver is read only.

Like the flash message in sms...?

Thanks

Upvote 0

ronell

Licensed User
Longtime User
just call the api via okhttp to send sms, i guess they had a free api key for testing

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I now understand your question better, it is impossible to prevent a user from "sending" a reply to your SMS because the user's SMS app is not your app, so you have no control on what they/it can do. However, you can simply "ignore" any replies if you use the Twilio API.

And to my knowledge there is no "method" to make SMS messages read only. But, if you can find another app that can do that using some undocumented SMS commands, I would be very interested in knowing about it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0