iOS Question Serial library

mrossen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

First I am very impressed about your job with B4i

I am sure it will be as great as B4a

Will it be possible to get a Serial library like in B4a?

I know you have BLE but the module I use is Bluetooth 2.1 with Apple auth. chip on it.

And it uses an external framework in Xcode

Mogens

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks I just found it out.
I also found it out that I cannot send data via BLE with the iBLE library yet :(
Any plan to implement writing other than reading?

This is also of great interest to me - not being able to write would seriously handicap my application.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

Hi mrossen,

I have today received this e-mail and now I do not know what to choose, I am overwhelmed. :(
Can you please help me?

apple-mfi-program.png

Dear Filippo,

I understand your hardware device will need to communicate with an iOS device using Bluetooth, could you confirm which Bluetooth technology you will be using, Core Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) or Classic Bluetooth 2.1?

If using Classic Bluetooth 2.1 you will likely need to modify your hardware, which then will require a license. If you are planning to use only standard Bluetooth profiles supported by iOS or Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE), please note that these are not part of the MFi Program and therfore don't requiere a license. For additional information on BTLE please consult https://developer.apple.com/bluetooth/.

Click here to update and resubmit your enrollment form. You will first be prompted to sign in using your business Apple ID. For faster processing, please make all of the requested revisions directly in your enrollment form. Incomplete applications may delay the process.

MFi Program

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

Hi mrossen,

So this means, there's no need in a "MFI program" to use "Classic Bluettoth 2.1" but you need to be registrated at "MFI program"?

Upvote 0

mrossen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Filoppo,

No, If you want to use "Classic Bluetooth 2.1" you must be a member of "MFI Program"

Otherwise you cannot buy the bluetooth 2.1 with the Apple auth. chip on.

Mogens

Upvote 0