B4J Tutorial [Server] Building web servers with B4J

Status
Not open for further replies.

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

What I meant was:

You run the webserver on a machine that is hosting websites for www.domain1.com and www.domain2.com (both resolving to the same IP of course = IP on which the webserver is running). The staticfilesfolder for requests to www.domain2.com should be a folder \domain1 and for requests to www.domain2.com should be folder \domain2.

Thx

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks Erel, but that's a bummer. Only possibility would be to put an nginx (or similar) in front of it then...

Roberto P.

Licensed User
Longtime User
would be very helpful for a complete sample database connection for data exchange with dektop application or mobile ...
thanks in advance

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

As the cookies have not been implemented yet: wouldn't it just be possible to set a cookie by writing/reading the correct HTTP header (Set-cookie ?

Tx

rwblinn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great work - based upon B4J v1.8, I have build a simple ToDoServer. See readme.txt and the code for how it works.
So far this is based upon accessing from the client via a webbrowser.

Download the code here:http://www.rwblinn.de/b4j/b4jhowto/examples/b4jhowtowebserver.zip

Next is to develop a B4A dedicated client to access this B4J webserver with add, update and delete functionality - or a volunteer can do .

little3399

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,Erel

Does the jar file can be put it on the webserver ? such as tomcat ? Tks!

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
What exactly is required to run these server apps. i.e. can they be run on Internet based servers? If, so, what is required. Can they run on shared plans (i'm doubting it), vps, etc??

It looks very, very interesting and I have literally just started trying to learn Symfony2. This B4J solutions looks similar in structure (MVC).

Thanks

chrjak

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is my error when i tick the JServer Library:

Parsing code. 0.01
Compiling code. 0.02
Compiling generated Java code. Error
Cannot find: C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\libraries\jetty_b4j.jar

Edit: News: I downloaded the latest Version of b4j and installed it. Now there is no error.
But the Designer in the Menu Bar is gray and i have a question:

How do you get these numbers? (192.168....:8888)
Edit 2: In the Log is 0.0.0.0:8888 - but i can't connect to it

Last edited:

chrjak

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. i will return the the old threat again. see you there

cstangor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand which files need to be uploaded to my server for this to function.

I have the files from the www (staticfiles) folder but that doesn't seem to be enough.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…