Android Question Server with multiple client connections

FatzBomb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I am trying to find a way to connect multiple devices (clients) to another single device (server). I am not fully sure how to phrase the question.

An example app would be something like a jackbox party pack for many systems (Including android). In these style programs, the initial program (server) begins and displays a 4-5 letter code. Clients enter the code via a client app or web site and connect to the server (and to each other via the server app). After all clients connect the game (app) begins sending data to each client respectively and updating itself in the process.

That's just an example of what I would like to achieve. Is there a b4a library that helps to accomplish this?

The last time I worked with network connections it was using winsock. So a lot of this is very new to me. I don't exactly even know the search term I would use to find this information. (Most of my searches just point me to b4a bridge)

I hope things across and thank you.

[Edit: For this feature I am even okay with all clients and server having to be on the same LAN (actually it would be the preferred method)]

FatzBomb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, I am definitely looking into this. Is this the main library you would recommend for connecting devices together via the same lan (would not want to run it outside the original network) or is there another.

I would like to have the users do as little as possible to connect.

Thanks

Upvote 0

DavideV

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi, this one works as a webserver, if you mean something like wifi direct then there could be some others.
There is also the same lib (webserver) for b4j and it's more powerful .
bye

Upvote 0