Android Question Service call from app remove in app

Jeanc161

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a service that is keept alive in the phone and run in the background.
The app when started use that service, but the values that are contains in that service id is reset to default values when i restart the app (foreground)

When i go to applications & notification in the general parameters of the phone and choose my app to be selected for removal i see the force service stop button as well as the uninstall button

My question is. if i remove the app from the phone, is the service _TaskRemove or service _Destroy will be called by the os for that service to stop and then uninstall the app.
Why do i need to do that is that when the user uninstall the app, i need to make a call to the server to remove that app id (My own id created by the app) to remove that user from the list since it does not use the app anymore and it has been removed from the app list in general parameters of the phone.

Is the service destroy or taskremoved will be called at least once, (Remember the service is active all the time and run in the background only) so that i can use the stored values of the app wich is contains in the service to make a call to my server to reset or delete that user from my database using httpjob2.
I try to send a message true the log but nothing appears, so i guess that it is impossible to connect to the log at that point.

Anyone have any idea on how this process works.

teddybear

Licensed User
In android there is no way for applications to get itself notified that app is getting uninstalled.

Upvote 0