SetUpBuilder Problem - "Build Cabs first"

dhillinmkewi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I reinstalled these 2 simple applications. I build the cabs, but proceed by pressing the Build Setup button and I get a message box "Build Cabs first." But the Cab file is created in the SetupBuilder directory and contains the following output:

D:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce420\POCKET PC 2003\Tools\Cabwiz.exe
D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\SetUpBuilder\ezsetup.exe
true
true

Any clue at all?

Thanks very much -
Dennis

P.S. The ini file for the application is in the program directory as MasterTime_PPC and contains the following:

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
Provider = "Sagacity LLC"
CESignature = "$Windows CE$"

[CEStrings]
AppName = "MasterTime2007"
InstallDir = %CE1%\%AppName%

[CEDevice]
VersionMin=3.00
VersionMax=4.99

[DefaultInstall]
CEShortcuts = Shortcuts
CopyFiles = Files.Common

[SourceDisksNames]
1=,"Common1",,"D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\"
2=,"Common2",,"D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\"
3=,"Common3",,"D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\"
4=,"Common4",,"D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\"
5=,"Common5",,"D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\"
6=,"Common6",,"D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\"
7=,"Common7",,"D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\"
8=,"Common8",,"D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\"
9=,"Common9",,"D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\"
10=,"Common10",,"D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\"
11=,"Common11",,"D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\"

[SourceDisksFiles]
Activities.dat=1
c_bg2.gif=2
c_bg3.gif=3
Clients.dat=4
Expenses.dat=5
Hardware.dll=6
MasterTime2007.exe=7
Projects.dat=8
TimeSlips.dat=9
sagacitylogosharp.jpg=10
welcome.gif=11

[DestinationDirs]
Files.Common=0,%InstallDir%
Shortcuts=0,%CE2%\Start Menu

[Files.Common]
Activities.dat,,,0
c_bg2.gif,,,0
c_bg3.gif,,,0
Clients.dat,,,0
Expenses.dat,,,0
Hardware.dll,,,0
MasterTime2007.exe,,,0
Projects.dat,,,0
TimeSlips.dat,,,0
sagacitylogosharp.jpg,,,0
welcome.gif,,,0

[Shortcuts]
MasterTime2007,0,MasterTime2007.exe,%CE11%

P.P.S. And the do.bat file (also found in the application directory) contains:

D:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce420\POCKET PC 2003\Tools\Cabwiz.exe "D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\SetUpBuilder\MasterTime2007\MasterTime2007_PPC.inf" /dest "D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\SetUpBuilder\MasterTime2007" /cpu ARM ARM4
del D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\SetUpBuilder\MasterTime2007\MasterTime2007_PPC.inf
del D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\SetUpBuilder\MasterTime2007\MasterTime2007_PPC.arm.dat
del D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\SetUpBuilder\MasterTime2007\MasterTime2007_PPC.arm4.dat
del D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\SetUpBuilder\MasterTime2007\do.bat
pause

P.P.P.S. And for completeness, here is the MasterTime.int file found in the SetupBuilder directory:

D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\MasterTime2007.exe
D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\MT2007c.ico
D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\Activities.dat
D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\Clients.dat
D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\Expenses.dat
D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\Projects.dat
D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\TimeSlips.dat
D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\c_bg3.gif
D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\pic03.gif
D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\MasterTime2007\sagacitylogosharp.jpg
MasterTime2007
Sagacity LLC
D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\SetUpBuilder\Packages\ReadMe.txt
D:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hill.DPHSUPERP4\My Documents\_BoundlessPartners\Development\SetUpBuilder\Packages\EULA.txt

Last edited:

DKnowles

Licensed User
Longtime User
Build Cabs first

:sign0085:

The Cab files are compressed packages of files.
Are you sure they exist (2 files) in the working folder?

I have just come across the same problem, was thier a solusion

ps running on Vista 64

pps the following were created when i clicked on build cabs

SOC v1.02_PPC - listing as Setup Information
SOC v1.ARM - Winzip File
SOC v1.ARM.DAT - DAT File
SOC v1.ARMV4 - Winzip File
SOC v1.ARMV4.DAT - DAT File

Thanks in advance

DKnowles

Licensed User
Longtime User
Build Cabs first > Run as Administrator > Site Builder

Thanks for the help.

Just to sum up what the problem was and the solution.

1: SetupBuilder was asking for the Cab files to be built even though they had been correctly built.

2. Solution one, changed the name of the setup to NOT contain any spaces.

Result of this was that the error went away but no output was created.

3. Run SetupBuilder as Administrator - this is a vista thing for the lucky people who still have not had the fun of Vista 64 Bit.

Result it works.. just delivered late this saturday night first draft application to client just 7 days after starting with my first pocket pc application.

Thanks erel for the help and for providing us with a simple tool that just does the job and for 60 quid as well.:sign0188:

David Knowles
Director
db Management Systems Ltd.