Android Question SHA-1 Confusion with OAuth2 in Developer Console

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe it's because I've been away from B4A for a few months (damn vacations etc ;)), but I'm suffering some brain-freeze with SHA-1 as it pertains to setting up OAuth2 for a new project added to the Google Developer Console. After adding a new project name, I want to add OAuth2 certification. I'm asked for my SHA-1. I enter it. Then I enter the package name. When I Save, I get
Duplicate fingerprint
The fingerprint you specified is already used by an Android OAuth2 client ID in this project or another project
This indeed is true, because SHA-1 is the same for all my B4A projects (apps). But if I'm getting an OAuth2 Client ID for a new project, why can't SHA-1 be the same? If it can't be, what's the point of being able to do OAuth2 on a project-by-project basis? I'm basically throroughly confused. Can anyone who's been through this dilemma themselves explain what I'm misunderstanding?

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
You should probably use the already existing Google Developer project.

Another option is to create a new signing key for the new app.[/

If I am conditionally compiling into two build configurations and put them into the same project in Google Developer, they will have the same SHA-1. How can I then differentiate the two for OAuth2 creation?

Upvote 0