Should there be a B4M (Basic 4 Mac)?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Just wondering if there should be a B4M (Basic 4 Mac) ?

I understand that we can use B4J and then compile the B4J app so it can be installed and used on a Mac (with the Java files etc) but I would like to be able to upload a Mac desktop app to the Apple Store rather than telling people to download my app from my website and then install it.

Since B4i is already working, I wonder how hard it would be so that we can create Mac apps as well ?

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but I would like to be able to upload a Mac desktop app to the Apple Store rather than telling people to download my app from my website and then install it.
?

In fact you can not tell people to download iOS apps from your website. You must upload it to Apple store after opening an account with them then tell your customers to download it from there.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In fact you can not tell people to download iOS apps from your website. You must upload it to Apple store after opening an account with them then tell your customers to download it from there.

I believe the focus of this discussion were apps for Macintosh (desktop) and not iOS....

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use the packager tool to create a native installer and upload the dmg file.
Thanks for confirming this I will give it a shot.

This is for the Apple Mac Apps and not iOS. Matter of fact you can put the ipa file on your site and get people to download it. You just need to make sure you have loaded there UDID in the certificate first otherwise it will download on to there device but fail to install.

I believe the focus of this discussion were apps for Macintosh (desktop) and not iOS....
Correct, this is for creating Mac desktop apps and not iOS apps (iOS apps we already have B4i)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks guys for correcting..
Than I find my self +1 for B4M if it means an application that can run on Mac without the hassle of Java files. Just imagine if you have a commercial app
and want to sell it online.. with 99% of your customers don't what the heck java files are.