Android Question Show grid lines in SD FlexGrid

Hello, this is my first post into the forum so I hope that I'm following the guidelines as I should.

I'm using the SD FlexGrid but can't seem to have it show grid lines. I want a grid that looks like the grid in an Excel spreadsheet.
I have noticed that the sample project provided by Star-Dust doesn't display grid lines for me either.
Can some-one explain how to show grid lines please?

Bucky108

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you added the view in the designer, it should automatically have grid lines.

Make sure the border sell color is different than the background color in Custom Properties.

Upvote 0
I'm not permitted to show screenshots of the application that I'm working on so I'll use the sample application that Star-Dust provided at https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-xui-sd-flexgrid-table.100897/.
B4A Sample.zip
I'm running B4A version 11.80 on Windows 10 Professional 22H2.
This is a screen shot of it running in the emulator. It appears exactly the same on my phone.

1673478952409.png

As you can see there are no grid lines. The only effect that the "Border Cell Color" seems to have is to set the color of the button border in the first column.
I have not altered his source design or code. Here are the custom properties:

1673479050319.png

Presumably this does produce grid lines for others.
Any idea why the grid lines aren't appearing when compiled on my system?

Upvote 0
By the way, the application I am developing is cross platform (B4X Pages). I have just tested it in B4J and B4i, and the gridlines are showing as they should be.
Just not in B4A.

Upvote 0

Bucky108

Licensed User
Longtime User
That is strange. I tried the sample app and the grid lines appeared properly in B4A.

You might want to try updating your B4A version to 12.

Upvote 0

epiCode

Licensed User
By the way, the application I am developing is cross platform (B4X Pages). I have just tested it in B4J and B4i, and the gridlines are showing as they should be.
Just not in B4A.
It often happens with emulators because in order to scale down content to match relatively lower resolution of screen and using anti aliasing the lines may appear to not be there.
Some things you can try
1. Try another phone
2. Try landscape mode in emulator or enlarge window to give you 1:1 ratio on PC Display

Upvote 0
Thanks folks. Have tried all of your suggestions and still not seeing grid lines on Android.
It's looking like there is some sort of issue with just my system so I'm going to have a colleague compile the project on his system and see if that changes the result.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Upvote 0
Okay, it turns out the issue in Android only occurs when projects are compiled on my system.
When compiled on other systems the grid lines appear both in the emulator and on phones.
This means I can develop on my system but not deploy.
I can live with this if I have to but would still love to find a solution for it.

Upvote 0