Android Question Show Progress until Main Activity ist complete

ST500

Licensed User
Hi,

is it possible to show progress or loading Screen (for example: Please Wait...) until the Main Acitivity is complete loaded?
It should be displayed before the Main Activity will be complete started?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So you want to start another activity before main? This is not possible.

Load a minimalistic layout at start. It will show up immediately.

You can load any more complex layout then and replace the minimal layout later when finished loading.

Upvote 0

ST500

Licensed User
Hi DonManfred,

thank you for your answer.

I meant your solution with a minimalistic layout. But, how can I wait for loading until the compley layot is loaded?

Upvote 0

ST500

Licensed User
That's possible, too.
But when I Change from Activity2 to Main, so it takes some time.
Maybe is a ardware issue really.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@ST500 you've not explained what your main activity is doing. Is it loading data from the internet, is it loading images, what task(s) exactly is your main activity setup to do when it is first fired up. It's a waste of time posting with absolutely no explanation about the purpose of your app.

For example I can easily say that an app starts slowly, but if that app is trying to download a 10GB database from an online database server or processing hundreds of images, then that would explain why. You need to explain what the purpose of your app is instead of just saying that you will send the code to Erel when you get home. I'm more than sure that Erel has more important things to worry about.

Upvote 0