iOS Question SidemenuController

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does anyone know if it is possible to find out if a menu is open on the SideMenuController.

It seems to be bad UI that you can open the menu with the button, but not close it with the button. I know the controller has a CloseMenu function, but I an work out how to know if the menu is open already and close it if it is, or open it if it isn't.

I thought about storing a variable that kept track of which menu was open, but that won't work when it is opened by a swipe gesture.

Any ideas? Or Erel, is it possible to expose a IsMenuOpen property?

Cheers
Brian

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great - thanks for that Narek.

Just so everyone knows, I used the Page_Appear event and the Page_Disappear events for the two pages I add to the SideMenuController, that then set a flag (MenuIsOpen) to true or false.

Then in the BarButton code check the flag to determine if I am going to close the Page or Open it.

Erel, It would be nice if this was handed by the SideMenuController as it mean four less Events to clutter up the code.

Cheers
Brian

Upvote 0

Alberto Iglesias

Licensed User
Longtime User
Using the SideMenuController the Button or any object in main page is disabled when Opened, is correct?

I can´t use a simple button or top left button to close the pageview? Only with gesture?

Like this example: when touch this button I can open the pageview, but to close, don´t work, only with gesture.

25611.cFtzb_.3a1b7ff4-848f-47d2-9cb7-712d0714aa09-1024x600.png

Upvote 0