iOS Question signiant upload error

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I have been using the b4i upload to itunes connect successfully for months until today. It is saying signiant error or invalid port. Has anyone else been getting this with any newly created IPA's?

I tried it on different Internet providers so it may be some new requirment or update by apple causing this?

Any thoughts on what it might be?

Thanks

Mark

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I have been using the b4i upload to itunes connect successfully for months until today. It is saying signiant error or invalid port. Has anyone else been getting this with any newly created IPA's?

I tried it on different Internet providers so it may be some new requirment or update by apple causing this?

Any thoughts on what it might be?

Thanks

Mark

The error log snippet is:

Package Summary:

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
/var/folders/lj/wrbzzxds6b53f88_rx3x7c800000gn/T/2BF7A421-5622-4917-BBDC-8647A315CB09/1093355085.itmsp - Error Messages:
The port for the Signiant server is unknown.
The max number of retries was performed. The package will not be uploaded.
2016-06-24 01:45:34.897 altool[45230:78254686] *** Error: Errors uploading 'Progwhiz Base Converter.ipa': (
"Error Domain=ITunesTransporterErrorDomain Code=-18000 \"The port for the Signiant server is unknown.\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=The port for the Signiant server is unknown., NSLocalizedDescription=The port for the Signiant server is unknown., NSLocalizedFailureReason=The port for the Signiant server is unknown.}",
"Error Domain=ITunesTransporterErrorDomain Code=-18000 \"The max number of retries was performed. The package will not be uploaded.\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=The max number of retries was performed. The package will not be uploaded., NSLocalizedDescription=The max number of retries was performed. The package will not be uploaded., NSLocalizedFailureReason=The max number of retries was performed. The package will not be uploaded.}"
)

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Yes Store c cert and prov file is being used it worked up until Wed (since Jan 2016) this week and just Thur morning I was getting this error out of the blue. Most confusing.

I tried 3 different ISP's so I know its not a firewall issue either. What do you think it may be?

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Yes Store c cert and prov file is being used it worked up until Wed (since Jan 2016) this week and just Thur morning I was getting this error out of the blue. Most confusing.

I tried 3 different ISP's so I know its not a firewall issue either. What do you think it may be?
The store Cert and Prov file are valid until 2017

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi I revoked the old certs and prov and created new ones and the error still persists.
One side question, as I created new certs and prov files would I need to reupload all my apps that are currently on the appstore using the new cert/prov files? or they are good without having to do that?

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi I revoked the old certs and prov and created new ones and the error still persists.
One side question, as I created new certs and prov files would I need to reupload all my apps that are currently on the appstore using the new cert/prov files? or they are good without having to do that?

I'm attaching the full upload report for your kind vet

Attachments

• errornew.txt
    65.8 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

Whilst the necessary research is happening I'm trying to analyse the root cause to assist. The last possible causes 'may' be attributed to:

1) Changes implemented in the host builder Wed 22nd June
2) Apple implemented new requirements in their parser for itunes connect on Wed 22nd
3) An Apple bug from a recent patch
4) A conspiracy to give me a good migrane

Has anyone attempted to post an app on itunes connect within the last 24hrs using a build from host builder and used b4i application loader??

If so please state if you were successful or had error msg's.

Thanks

Mark

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I yesterday created a new verison and uploaded it without any problem. And 2 days ago created another one and uploaded without problem
Hi All,

Whilst the necessary research is happening I'm trying to analyse the root cause to assist. The last possible causes 'may' be attributed to:

1) Changes implemented in the host builder Wed 22nd June
2) Apple implemented new requirements in their parser for itunes connect on Wed 22nd
3) An Apple bug from a recent patch
4) A conspiracy to give me a good migrane

Has anyone attempted to post an app on itunes connect within the last 24hrs using a build from host builder and used b4i application loader??

If so please state if you were successful or had error msg's.

Thanks

Mark

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
I yesterday created a new verison and uploaded it without any problem. And 2 days ago created another one and uploaded without problem
Are you Using both Host Builder and b4i Application loader? my last successful uploads was all of Wed, only Thur started with these error prompts.

Thanks for replying. Not hearing anything from other experts so I don't know if it's being researched or I'm in limbo on this one. I asked Apple but I know that's gonna take a bit unless it's an issue for many peeps.

I wonder if b4i loader is corrupted and I should reinstall. But it produces good IPA build files at least for the developer provisioning I test on the iphone6

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes hosted and b4i uploader.

Don't Worry , Erel would look into this and help you somehow. I uploaded last ipa and sent to store successful exactly around 14.00 gmt Thursday. I did not try any other upload since then FYI.

Are you Using both Host Builder and b4i Application loader? my last successful uploads was all of Wed, only Thur started with these error prompts.

Thanks for replying. Not hearing anything from other experts so I don't know if it's being researched or I'm in limbo on this one. I asked Apple but I know that's gonna take a bit unless it's an issue for many peeps.

I wonder if b4i loader is corrupted and I should reinstall. But it produces good IPA build files at least for the developer provisioning I test on the iphone6

Upvote 0

stanmiller

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you used a store certificate and provision profile?

I'm getting the port not found error as well. Attached is the full error log.

Package Summary:

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
/var/folders/lj/wrbzzxds6b53f88_rx3x7c800000gn/T/BE9F7CA7-E3AE-4020-9651-203DDF1C50BF/1121348710.itmsp - Error Messages:
The port for the Signiant server is unknown.
The max number of retries was performed. The package will not be uploaded.
2016-06-25 00:11:17.008 altool[34219:78661725] *** Error: Errors uploading 'Blue Max Calculator.ipa': (
"Error Domain=ITunesTransporterErrorDomain Code=-18000 \"The port for the Signiant server is unknown.\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=The port for the Signiant server is unknown., NSLocalizedDescription=The port for the Signiant server is unknown., NSLocalizedFailureReason=The port for the Signiant server is unknown.}",
"Error Domain=ITunesTransporterErrorDomain Code=-18000 \"The max number of retries was performed. The package will not be uploaded.\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=The max number of retries was performed. The package will not be uploaded., NSLocalizedDescription=The max number of retries was performed. The package will not be uploaded., NSLocalizedFailureReason=The max number of retries was performed. The package will not be uploaded.}"
)

Attachments

• error_itunes_connect_stan.txt
    63.1 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0

stanmiller

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good Man,

Thank goodness not an isolated madness. Now we'll see if it's an Apple patch problem or a new standard they need to share with IDE supporters to comply with.

Any luck? I'm still getting the error this morning.

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just tried it and it failed again. I initially was trying a new version of an app, then I tried an previously uploaded version but just changed the version number and it failed too. Why is it that some of us have the issue and other do not. I think this is an apple related and only apple fixable issue. It may be specific account profile changes happening or a file system related issue be it a currupt mounted file system or a port permission change that if it persists will spread to more and more users/accounts or a bad patch only affecting some users.

I'm sending an ipa and loader log as well as my synopsis to apple for them to investigate. What version of xcode is on the host builder they asked for that too.

Cheers

Mark

Upvote 0