Android Question Silent email

makis_best

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

I want to make one procedure into my application when the user complete
one specific action one automatic email sent back to the company.
The email will be always the same and probably will sent many times a day.

How I can sent all these emails without asking the user every time about his action;

What is the best way to do that?

Thank you.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could use the NET library's SMTP to send emails without user intervention:

But keep in mind that you would have to embed your SMTP credentials in the code of the app, so it could possibly be extracted and used by unauthorized people (even if obfuscated).

A work-around I use is to setup a hidden form or service on my website and then use the NET library to do a "POST" of the information instead of emailing it.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an app where the user insert an information and it calls a php function (HttpJob) in my site.
This function send an e-mail with copy to me and other developer.

Upvote 0

makis_best

Licensed User
Longtime User
The use of PHP it is a very good idea but I am not sure if they have a website
I need to ask.
Any other idea?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
A work-around I use is to setup a hidden form or service on my website and then use the NET library to do a "POST" of the information instead of emailing it.
I found that my webhost logs all HTTP GET requests so for some use cases I just send info via web page requests, and download the logs from the host when convenient.

Probably won't work for *huge* (quantity * size) amounts of info, and obviously it's not a real-time solution, but it has the advantage of being ready to go, no need to set up any hidden forms or services.. Plus you can test it from any web browser. Theoretically somebody could flood you with fake info, but there are ways around that, and I haven't had any attacks yet anyway (security by obscurity :cool: ).

Upvote 0

makis_best

Licensed User
Longtime User
The biggest problem for me is that I never use PHP before so I need to learn how to do.
Is there any easy walk through?

Upvote 0