It works for me!
A few suggestions:
- Embed a form icon - in fact just use the same one you use for the Notify icon. In the IDE, File > Choose Icon and select your icon. It will be embedded.
- When you hit the 'Play' button, the song plays at maximum volume, regardless of the slider position. Please put a check of slider position before playing.
- The button image for opening your mp3 file is more like an 'Eject' button.
- There's not much space on the form to display the mp3 title.
- Perhaps add another line to Notify.Text that is the mp3 filename?
Has this project gone quiescent? Can I pick it up and run with it?I've updated the first post with the sourcecode for you..
All you had to do is ask... :sign0089:
Has this project gone quiescent? Can I pick it up and run with it?
Before discovering it (I was searching for help with a progress slider) I had started writing a simple player myself. It was meant to avoid irritations with my WM5.0 M$ Media Player, such as its propensity to forget what point I had reached in a file (which might be a 1.5 hour recording) and not to relinquish files so that I could delete them after playing.
For instance the start I have made has a "Pause" function which back-spaces for 2 seconds on resuming playing. But does not (yet) save this resume point somewhere non-volatile.