Simple Mp3 Player

Basseman

Licensed User
This is my first real app done with basic4ppc, i must say that there is endless possibilitys for basic4ppc with all the good coders makin extra librarys.
It's easy to learn but yet so powerful

:sign0060:

Attachments

• setup.zip
    288.7 KB · Views: 434
  • Source.zip
    37.4 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
It works for me!

A few suggestions:

• Embed a form icon - in fact just use the same one you use for the Notify icon. In the IDE, File > Choose Icon and select your icon. It will be embedded.
  • When you hit the 'Play' button, the song plays at maximum volume, regardless of the slider position. Please put a check of slider position before playing.
  • The button image for opening your mp3 file is more like an 'Eject' button.
  • There's not much space on the form to display the mp3 title.
  • Perhaps add another line to Notify.Text that is the mp3 filename?

Basseman

Licensed User
It works for me!

A few suggestions:

• Embed a form icon - in fact just use the same one you use for the Notify icon. In the IDE, File > Choose Icon and select your icon. It will be embedded.
  • When you hit the 'Play' button, the song plays at maximum volume, regardless of the slider position. Please put a check of slider position before playing.
  • The button image for opening your mp3 file is more like an 'Eject' button.
  • There's not much space on the form to display the mp3 title.
  • Perhaps add another line to Notify.Text that is the mp3 filename?

* Embedded icon
* Saved Volume Value
* Changed button image
* Added space for songname
* The songname now shows in tray when hoover the icon

Thanx for the suggestions and feedback Zenerdiode

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the share your creations section, therefore the developer may choose to share the source code or not...
In the Open souce section, it is implied that the developer should share the source...

Last edited:

mjcoon

Licensed User
I've updated the first post with the sourcecode for you..
All you had to do is ask... :sign0089:

Good Luck...

Has this project gone quiescent? Can I pick it up and run with it?

Before discovering it (I was searching for help with a progress slider) I had started writing a simple player myself. It was meant to avoid irritations with my WM5.0 M$ Media Player, such as its propensity to forget what point I had reached in a file (which might be a 1.5 hour recording) and not to relinquish files so that I could delete them after playing.

For instance the start I have made has a "Pause" function which back-spaces for 2 seconds on resuming playing. But does not (yet) save this resume point somewhere non-volatile.

Mike.

Basseman

Licensed User
Hi Mjcoon

Due to studying i have not had the time to continue this project. Ur most welcome to pick it up and use it as u please.

Tell me how it goes..

//Andreas

Has this project gone quiescent? Can I pick it up and run with it?

Before discovering it (I was searching for help with a progress slider) I had started writing a simple player myself. It was meant to avoid irritations with my WM5.0 M$ Media Player, such as its propensity to forget what point I had reached in a file (which might be a 1.5 hour recording) and not to relinquish files so that I could delete them after playing.

For instance the start I have made has a "Pause" function which back-spaces for 2 seconds on resuming playing. But does not (yet) save this resume point somewhere non-volatile.

Mike.

mjcoon

Licensed User
Thanks Andreas, as it happens I think I've reached a point where I can show what I've done.

The functionality is modelled on that of my Humax digital-tv Personal Video Recorder rather than an MP3 player, because I really use it for Mp3 "podcast" downloads.

I did things like louder/softer button repetition (with configurable repeat rate) more as an exercise than essential. Similarly fast-forward and rewind.

If anyone can tell me why the track-bar tick-marks don't show up I'd be grateful.

Maybe this rates as a separate shared creations thread; I'll take advice on that. If there's enough interest I might write it up.

Attached: "MusicPlayer" code. I've had to omit fmod.dll and fmodce.dll.

Mike.

Attachments

• MusicPlayer.zip
    166.8 KB · Views: 330
  • MusicPlayer-screenshot.jpg
    MusicPlayer-screenshot.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 239